oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Banderas over Texas

It took me too long to get here. Life got complicated for a while, work, travel, bills but all is right with the world again. I live in Austin (t-sip, see Aggie affiliation to follow...and yes, life does get tense in November) but the better half is in Euless (between Dallas and Ft. Worth for those of you outside of the metroplex) and a card carry..., er ring wearing Aggie. My parents who are each in their 7th decade are in San Antonio and need a little more help from their kids than they used to. To make life better for all I have a Bandera in each location. I don't get nearly as irritable if I'm allowed a little time to burn some wood and enjoy the fruits of my labor wherever I find myself

Many of you are already familiar to me since I lurked on the original Bandera group for quite a while, and now regret deleting the invitation to join the Bandera Bretheren group as more spam. Forgive me, for I damn sure didn't know what I was doing. After a quick read of the original group yesterday (I toldja things were complicated for a while) I understood the reason for the branching of the family tree.

Bandera accomplishments: Cooking Brisket, Chicken, Sausage, and the fixins for 60+ for the better half's Father's B-day (approx 90 lbs. brisket, 30 lbs. chicken, 30 lbs. sausage, potatoe salad, slaw, beans, sauce (for you N. Texans). Excessive I know, but there wasn't anything left after the party after I made some foil available.....and we did hold the pick of the litter brisket back from the serving line

Bandera goals for the year: Smoke chicken breasts with mesquite for use in chicken enchiladas, without having them turn out bitter or dry.

Favorite 'Q' spots in Tx.: Kreuz Market in Lockhart, Black's BBQ in Lockhart. I grew up eating the stuff since my maternal Grandparents lived close by. Coopers in Llano on a good day when they aren't TOO busy. And, for you metroplex denizens I have to add N. Main BBQ in Euless ( decent sausage, pretty good chicken, good brisket, and good-great ribs depending on the day. All you can eat, with sides for $12 is hard to pass up...Bring your own beer).
Old 01-23-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
chad

Howdy! No, I didn't graduate from UT or A&M -- just a little Baptist school from Plaineview (San Antonio Campus of Wayland Baptist Univ) :D

Welcome to our backyard -- catch up on your reading and attempt to get to know some of the "personalities" :D

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair
KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker, WSM, Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill, Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill, slightly used Bandera chamber for future use as a cold smoker, Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker
Old 01-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #3
Solidkick

Glad you added us to your family.

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
brdbbq
Quintessential Chatty Farker

A metroplex denizens here. Welcome to the group. Deer hunted in llano but don't recall Coopers, be awhile ago.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:15 PM   #5
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Welcome Jorge.

Hope you keep posting, cuz it sounds like you got plenty to say, Q wise and else wise.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
Old 01-23-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

Glad to have you Jorge.

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
Old 01-24-2004, 08:59 AM   #7
racer_81
Babbling Farker

Greetings from just southwest of Houston......glad to have ya here.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:31 PM   #8
Davewey
On the road to being a farker

Hello from icy St Charles. Who knows in time you may even figure out how to use the "quote" button.

Good luck with the whole quote thing. I’ve been taunted by it for some time now.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:02 PM   #9
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewey
Hello from icy St Charles. Who knows in time you may even figure out how to use the "quote" button.

Good luck with the whole quote thing. I’ve been taunted by it for some time now.
Like this?

I am a ring wearing Blue Demon, and a Rambler, or at least I was before my farking fingers got too fat.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
Old 01-25-2004, 07:19 PM   #10
Bigdog

Welcome Jorge to fun, food and fellowship.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #11
JacksonsDad

Hello from a metroplex denizen as well...and a t-sip...and, yes, my wife's an Aggie as well. Actually, her whole family is...you won't find a bigger Ag family than hers..Dad's Ex-vice-chancellor, Uncle's the Dean of the Vet School, much of the family works for the univ, all live in Bryan...ya feel my pain! I completely understand the tension in November...it's not a bad thang as long as we keep winning...October is where it hurts for me...damn Sooners...

Let's give a shout out to all the Texas Brethren...I'm new..can I call myself that yet ;)

Hook 'Em Horns!
Old 05-29-2004, 07:48 PM   #12
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

I gotta get in here.

Welcome back to the "new" Bandera Brothers. I just found this little bit of heaven last month and can't say enough good about the guys here!!!!

As to schools, I lived in a place called Norman, OK. Yeah, I even went to that school there (not the high school). Yeah, I root for those guys--Sorry!

This topic is obviously never discussed between JacksonsDad and me!!!
He is still in the will.

Am I banned now?? Hope not.
At least I am not a Liberal if that helps :D

Enjoyed your PM's. Good discussion.

Welcome back.

TIM
Now cooking with a Yoder YS640
Proud Pellet guy cooking on real wood.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #13
Jorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsDad
Hello from a metroplex denizen as well...and a t-sip...and, yes, my wife's an Aggie as well. Actually, her whole family is...you won't find a bigger Ag family than hers..Dad's Ex-vice-chancellor, Uncle's the Dean of the Vet School, much of the family works for the univ, all live in Bryan...ya feel my pain! I completely understand the tension in November...it's not a bad thang as long as we keep winning...October is where it hurts for me...damn Sooners...

Let's give a shout out to all the Texas Brethren...I'm new..can I call myself that yet ;)

Hook 'Em Horns!
I feel much better now! You Sir, are Superman! I just have to deal with the ring, the maroon all over the house, the maroon truck, the WHOOP thing, and getting near College Station once every two years.

Seriously giving some thought to a plan to get some of the Brethren together in Oct. for the game. Keep it in mind.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #14
Stucue74

Now we're bashing Aggies not Sooners here, let's keep it clean. Me and the wife are OU alumns but all three of her brothers are Aggies, and my dad's a die hard UT fan. Been to College station way too many times. Should be a good year for both UT and OU.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #15
Jorge

Sooners, t-sips, Ags, now that's a mix that could get out of hand during football season.

Pineland Liberator

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Closed Thread