The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 12-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
kingbrutis
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default so the health dept says.....

I just talked to them and in our county, the smoker has to fully eclosed. I was hopeing to do local events as well as private gigs. Looks like thats out the window. I'd love to get a small enclosed trailer with an fec, but just dont have that kind of money. Advice?
kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Jerk Pit Master
Knows what a fatty is.

What type of license?

For street vendng an enclosed smoker is typically required. At local events and catering I often see non-enclosed smokers/cooking equipment. Check the HD list for a 3-day or less special event license.

Make sure you are asking the correct questions.
Jerk Pit Master is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbrutis View Post
I just talked to them and in our county, the smoker has to fully eclosed. I was hopeing to do local events as well as private gigs. Looks like thats out the window. I'd love to get a small enclosed trailer with an fec, but just dont have that kind of money. Advice?
I've heard AZ is real tough on licensing.

Unread 12-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
kingbrutis
Found some matches.

Yea, there are farmers markets every week at different locations. Even though each one is once a week, I was told they are considered ongoing, so those are out. I am trying to currently trying to get ahold of the special event woman in charge to figure it all out. Getting a callback from the HD is nearly impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post
I've heard AZ is real tough on licensing.
kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Let us know how this all works out for you. I pray you get it done the way you want.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote