The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Stoker amp draw/ marine battery

I am wanting to run our stoker and 10cfm fan off of a marine battery and inverter. Anybody have any idea of the amp draw of the Stoker or how long it will run off of a battery. It might say on the stoker but it is buried in the trailer and i cant get to it. Also any info on marine batteries and inverters would be helpful. My inverter has a auto shutoff at 10 volts and I don't know if that will be a problem.
-www.moocowbbq.com-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-BLUE Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -Haulmark Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
thirdeye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Downloads: 2

It has to be a tiny draw.... When the early Guru's came out guys were wiring two 6 volt lantern batteries in series to run them. I've seen them powered off of the little rechargeable lawn and garden tractor batteries.

KCBS - CBJ
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
SkySaw
Knows what a fatty is.

The Stoker manual claims the power supply is 2 amps (5 volt supply).

Mark
SkySaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #4
Captain Caveman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow View Post
I am wanting to run our stoker and 10cfm fan off of a marine battery and inverter. Anybody have any idea of the amp draw of the Stoker or how long it will run off of a battery. It might say on the stoker but it is buried in the trailer and i cant get to it. Also any info on marine batteries and inverters would be helpful. My inverter has a auto shutoff at 10 volts and I don't know if that will be a problem.
Shane, I don't run Stokers But mine are the same principal. I have a 75aH Marine battery, and a 400W Inverter and it will run my temp controllers(2) and fans(2) for about 2 days. Duty cycle will need to be factored into the mix also (how often the fans come on, and how long the fans stay on).
2 Hotrod Black "Gravity Feed" clones
Mobile Kitchen
Towable offset
CBJ #24304
KCBS member #24304
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote