The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default NEBS TOY questions

hoping someone from the NEBS BOD's can help.....

where do we find the TOY standings/information? I know the standings are usually on the iQue site but couldn't find them.
also where can you find the information on the TOY benefits/prizes/rewards. I know that qualification to the BOTB is one of them

thanks!

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

I saw them on the iQue site recently. But it was a link that was posted here. Looking now I can't find them. All I know is we were 11th :(

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
pigmaker23
is one Smokin' Farker

They have not been updated for the new season yet, Jamie is working on it now, it will should be shortly. The awards are tropheys of some sort, its different each year. the season starts and ends at Harpoon. the contest has to be a NEBS sanctioned contest to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
hoping someone from the NEBS BOD's can help.....

where do we find the TOY standings/information? I know the standings are usually on the iQue site but couldn't find them.
also where can you find the information on the TOY benefits/prizes/rewards. I know that qualification to the BOTB is one of them

thanks!
Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

In the file section of Yahoo Groups New England BBQ we have the past 7 years on file. Click here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewEng...%20the%20Year/

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
ique
is One Chatty Farker

I dont think its been updated much since Harpoon. I'll ask Jamie the status this weekend. I know he was working on getting it off of the IQUE site and onto the NEBS site.

And yes, Smoke on Wheels is probably in 1st
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-31-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

what about where do you find the rules and regulations and that sort of thing? I was actually more curious about that stuff than the actual standings.

thanks.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-31-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

try this....http://www.nebs.org/index.php?option...gsection&id=12
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
ique
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzlebrake View Post
what about where do you find the rules and regulations and that sort of thing? I was actually more curious about that stuff than the actual standings.

thanks.
Pretty simple. Best 5 scores (highest overall numeric scores) from NEBS contests. Includes BBQ and Grilling contests. Anything on the NEBS website qualifies and you must be a NEBS member in good standing.

Also do categories, Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket and Rookie Team of the year. Rookie TOY is best 3 scores, the categories are best 5 scores.
ique is offline   Reply With Quote