The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 10-29-2009, 12:17 PM   #16
lazybonesmoke1
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have a supplier that gets me the unwanted pigs, the ones that are butt ugly, maybe missing a hind leg or tears in the skin. It is alot easier for me to cook pigs because I don't have to babysit them, I smoke them out back while I am open for business. That price is for a pig that is cut up in disposable pans. I also would talk them into the pork butts and if they want to see a smoked pigs' head you can find one cheap at a real butcher shop.
lazybonesmoke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
FatBoyz
is one Smokin' Farker

you gotta remember ron 100 pound on the hoof your only getting 65 to 70% meet. the rest is wast... 90 people 4 butts and you will have left overshall if you use my new pork puller and do bonles butts i am getting 90% sellable meat... and som people say im lieing but you can ask dive he has seen me do it
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:24 AM   #18
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybonesmoke1 View Post
I have a supplier that gets me the unwanted pigs, the ones that are butt ugly, maybe missing a hind leg or tears in the skin. It is alot easier for me to cook pigs because I don't have to babysit them, I smoke them out back while I am open for business. That price is for a pig that is cut up in disposable pans. I also would talk them into the pork butts and if they want to see a smoked pigs' head you can find one cheap at a real butcher shop.
Sometimes called "ruptures". Be careful serving these. Many times you cannot get these passed by a USDA inspector.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Finally got my dream cooker, Runaround Sue.

Team Whosoever Q

If a man looks lustfully at eggs and bacon, he has already committed breakfast in his heart.
txschutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #19
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyz View Post
you gotta remember ron 100 pound on the hoof your only getting 65 to 70% meet. the rest is wast... 90 people 4 butts and you will have left overshall if you use my new pork puller and do bonles butts i am getting 90% sellable meat... and som people say im lieing but you can ask dive he has seen me do it
Your lieing.....
Northern midwest director for OBR
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

I hate cooking pigs! I like the idea of the head smoked and served with butts!

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314