The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.


Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.


Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
NorthwestBBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-09
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Happy friday farkers...what's smoking this weekend?

Since JD is in Italy I'm going to say, "Happy friday farkers...what's smoking this weekend?"
__________________
Michael
KCBS/PNWBA Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
Custom Engraved Wine Barrel Lids
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
JONESY
is one Smokin' Farker

 
JONESY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-20-09
Location: Oakland twp / Houghton Lake, MI
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Iím working some ABTís and country ribs. Couldnít think of anything better on cold rainy night.


Not sure if the pictures are going to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0214.jpg (64.9 KB, 97 views)
__________________
Life is to short for green tea and tofu; pass me another half rack and a beerÖ
JONESY is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Que-Dawg
is One Chatty Farker
 
Join Date: 01-11-09
Location: somerset, kentucky
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

A new egg
__________________
[COLOR=darkred][B][FONT=Georgia]BBQ Naked, & Toast Your Bunz[/FONT].[/B][/COLOR]
Que-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
JONESY
is one Smokin' Farker

 
JONESY's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-20-09
Location: Oakland twp / Houghton Lake, MI
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Grill Dome.
__________________
Life is to short for green tea and tofu; pass me another half rack and a beerÖ
JONESY is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
tjus77
is One Chatty Farker
 
tjus77's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-19-06
Location: Tomball, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Just threw a butt and 2 briskets on the stick burner... will put on ribs early in the morning. chillin with a brewski
__________________
Skinny Cooks Can't Be Trusted!
Lyfe Tyme Smoker
Campfire Cookset, Dutch Oven Cooking Table
Variety of Cast Iron DO's
Char-Griller Gas Grill, Weber Kettle

Cajuns make better lovers cause we'll eat ANYTHING.
tjus77 is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
deathamphetamine
is one Smokin' Farker
 
deathamphetamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Northern Arctic
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Just some steel with the Lincoln Mig. :)
__________________
I Eat Burgers for Breakfast
deathamphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
n2dabluebbq
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 09-25-09
Location: San Antonio Texas. Yeah Baby!
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

will be watching the neighbor handle his first ever by my self brisket. he is doing it on a wsm 18 1/2. so of course ol' stickhead me won't be of much use to him. lol
maybe i'll throw together a quick fattie. thinking of hatch green chile with some onion and cream cheese and maybe a lil provolone cheese on top of that. and wrapping the sausage with a bit o bacon.
yeah thats what i'll do.
n2dabluebbq is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Psyco Realm
On the road to being a farker
 
Psyco Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-11-09
Location: temple city, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I reckon I'll be fixin to make some that pig candy...em ha
Psyco Realm is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Meat Burner
Quintessential Chatty Farker
 
Meat Burner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: Springfield, MO
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Chicken-Beef. Stuffed some chix breasts with cheese and greens, wrapped in bacon and put on the Weber. Pork wasn't dry like the pic shows, it was very nice. Threw on some burgers topped with cheese and enjoyed a really ease cook on Friday night. My bride of almost 25 years made some cheesy taters just to die for. Life is Good!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2543.jpg (77.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2545_2.jpg (43.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2546.jpg (60.7 KB, 76 views)
__________________
my avatar swiped fatties from the plate....look how sorry he is.
________
Meat.

NB Bandera with mods
Weber 22 .5" x 2, 26.75" x 1
UDS x 3
KCBS CBJ
Created "The Great Spam Revelation of 2011."
www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111155
Meat Burner is online now   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

 
Rookie'48's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-06
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Just goofin' with some brewskis tonight. Gonna prep up a CAB & a coupla full racks of Dino bones for cooking this weekend.
__________________
Dave Compton
KCBS MasterCBJ # 22569
Member of the 100+ Contest Club

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
gooose53
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 07-07-08
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I have 4 butts and a brisket on....need everything to be done by about 5am for a 4 hour trip to the mountains for a family reunion.
gooose53 is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #12
MoGreen
On the road to being a farker
 
MoGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-09
Location: Whitfield Estates, TN
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I'll be smoking up a 7 pound butt and a whole chicken Sunday. The Out-laws are coming into town Monday, and then I'll be doing some ABT's and chicken legs. I plan to make Brunswick Stew with the leftover pulled pork and whole chicken later in the week. The FIL just bought a Bubba Keg. I'll show him what an $80 UDS can do!!
MoGreen is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
NorthwestBBQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-09
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESY View Post
Iím working some ABTís and country ribs. Couldnít think of anything better on cold rainy night. Not sure if the pictures are going to work.
Pic and food looks great, Jonesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que-Dawg View Post
A new egg
Congrats bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESY View Post
Grill Dome.
Nice cooker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjus77 View Post
Just threw a butt and 2 briskets on the stick burner... will put on ribs early in the morning. chillin with a brewski
Cheers and it sounds like a feast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathamphetamine View Post
Just some steel with the Lincoln Mig. :)
Don't eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2dabluebbq View Post
will be watching the neighbor handle his first ever by my self brisket. he is doing it on a wsm 18 1/2. so of course ol' stickhead me won't be of much use to him. lol
maybe i'll throw together a quick fattie. thinking of hatch green chile with some onion and cream cheese and maybe a lil provolone cheese on top of that. and wrapping the sausage with a bit o bacon.
yeah thats what i'll do.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Realm View Post
I reckon I'll be fixin to make some that pig candy...em ha
I love pig candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Burner View Post
Chicken-Beef. Stuffed some chix breasts with cheese and greens, wrapped in bacon and put on the Weber. Pork wasn't dry like the pic shows, it was very nice. Threw on some burgers topped with cheese and enjoyed a really ease cook on Friday night. My bride of almost 25 years made some cheesy taters just to die for. Life is Good!!
That is amazing food, Meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
Just goofin' with some brewskis tonight. Gonna prep up a CAB & a coupla full racks of Dino bones for cooking this weekend.
Rookie, cheers and bon appetit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooose53 View Post
I have 4 butts and a brisket on....need everything to be done by about 5am for a 4 hour trip to the mountains for a family reunion.
Tight schedule, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGreen View Post
I'll be smoking up a 7 pound butt and a whole chicken Sunday. The Out-laws are coming into town Monday, and then I'll be doing some ABT's and chicken legs. I plan to make Brunswick Stew with the leftover pulled pork and whole chicken later in the week. The FIL just bought a Bubba Keg. I'll show him what an $80 UDS can do!!
Go bro!
__________________
Michael
KCBS/PNWBA Member, Cook, CBJ & Photographer
Custom Engraved Wine Barrel Lids
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #14
cireksu
Knows what a fatty is.
 
Join Date: 09-03-09
Location: Olathe
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

7 pound Butt and couple slabs of Ribs.
cireksu is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #15
stan
is one Smokin' Farker
 
stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-26-04
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

4 butts and 3 briskets on spicewine.... will be putting on 9 slabs of baby backs and some beans later....
__________________
Stan
Co-Founder and Executive Director of Operation BBQ Relief - www.operationbbqrelief.org
Partner in BBQScores.com - A Competition Management System www.BBQScores.com
County Line Smokers Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Member - CBJ #20654
Pitmaker BBQ Vault mounted in a 12 Foot Competition Trailer
22 1/2 Weber Kettle, Stainless Steel gaser
chunks of wild cherry, pecan, oak
stan is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend? JD McGee Q-talk 38 03-26-2011 05:52 PM
Happy Friday Farkers! What's smoking this weekend? NorthwestBBQ Q-talk 18 09-11-2010 08:00 PM
Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Weekend?... JD McGee Q-talk 56 04-18-2010 08:51 PM
Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?... JD McGee Q-talk 28 01-16-2010 10:47 AM
Happy Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?... JD McGee Q-talk 38 09-13-2009 11:57 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Loading



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts