oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Uncle Willy
Found some matches.

Default Where to buy brisket in Austin?

Anybody know where I can pickup some high quality brisket in Austin? Would love to buy some CAB or Wagyu but I can't find anything better than Select at all the stores I've been to.
Uncle Willy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Costco and Sam's.

Walmart and HEB occasionally have choice and CAB choice for the same price as select/ungraded. Last 2 times I was in my local HEB, they had several CAB packers mixed in with some choice ones all for the same price of $2.18/lb.

Restaurant Depot would be another place to check.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Ron_L

I thought that briskets grew on trees in Texas!

Good advice above. Plus, if you have a good meat market they should be able to get it.

The Naked Fatty!

***Annual Chicago Area Brethren Picnic! Join us!!!***

Southern Q Limo Elite Gravity Fed/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Holy Cow, Batman..! I thought you could buy quality Brisket in Texas on every street corner....
[FONT=Arial][B]Future Smoker [/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!![/FONT]

[SIZE=2]Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985 [/SIZE]
razrbakcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Uncle Willy
Found some matches.

I would love to find a good local meat market to do business with, problem is there doesn't seem to be very many.

El Ropo which Heb do you go to? I've never seen anything but Select at the ones near me. I'd happily snatch up a few CAB choice at 2.18/lb.
Uncle Willy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
El Ropo
Babbling Farker

Up northwest way at 183/Lake creek. The walmart by me at 183/620 often has choice packers too for the same price.

HEB has also started carrying Meyer farms natural angus choice packers for $3.25/lb, but it's hit or miss if they are in stock on any particular day. Target also carries CAB choice (it's all they order) packers for around $2.60/lb.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

The HEB off 35, near the Dell Campus, has always been well stocked when I've stopped by there.

Pineland Liberator

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

I recommend Franklin's BBQ.

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

Tofu and been sprout crowd in Austin
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
HookEmQue
Found some matches.

Check out Costco off of MoPac and William Cannon. They always have great meat and prices.
HookEmQue is offline   Reply With Quote