UDS up on bricks ??????

Paul B

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have wondered of late why everyone, me included, put their drums up on bricks??? Other than the obvious i.e., killing grass, hot spots on wood decks, is there a scientific or practical reason???

Thanks,

Paul B

So the lady of the house doesn't go ballistic comes to mind.

Ummm....no. :)
I have wondered of late why everyone, me included, put their drums up on bricks??? Other than the obvious i.e., killing grass, hot spots on wood decks, is there a scientific or practical reason???

Thanks,

Paul B

Thanks,

Paul B

Nope...just the obvious ones...:wink:

Those are all pretty practical reasons.. I do believe that airflow beneath the drum helps to control temps though..

I built a stand for mine and the drum seemed to run a little hotter than it did when it was up on blocks, so I ended up cutting a hole it the bottom of the stand..

I keep mine flat on the ground havent burnt the grass yet.

Well, the left tire was getting bald as hell. The right front wheel was bent on the rim a little where Sadie Sue run over a log trying to get away from the Lizard Man. So what we did was parked the old S-10, it still had two good wheels, and parked the UDS. We put them both on blocks so we could have a full set of wheels for the turbo TA that was sitting back there on blocks. Now we are cruising for a hot woman with enough money to take us out for BBQ plates.

lol Hugh! :lol:

I use a regular ole drum dolly....

101_9882-1.jpg

I like it cause I can roll the drum around to where ever I need it. :-D
(also, it was free)

Well, the left tire was getting bald as hell. The right front wheel was bent on the rim a little where Sadie Sue run over a log trying to get away from the Lizard Man. So what we did was parked the old S-10, it still had two good wheels, and parked the UDS. We put them both on blocks so we could have a full set of wheels for the turbo TA that was sitting back there on blocks. Now we are cruising for a hot woman with enough money to take us out for BBQ plates.
Complete with Mullet?

I just did it cause I saw everybody doing it here....+ I like the looks of it when the UDS stands on bricks.:cool:

Attachments

• SP_A0875.jpg
    SP_A0875.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 239
Proof, before and after. I know I shouldn't be sitting on that fresh paint but I'm so cool I couldn't help it. It was just to pose for the pic.

after.jpg

FirebirdBanditonTransAm.jpg

These guys were ticked off, they live in the UDS now, I gotta go get some charcoal.

possum.jpg

I put the bricks(clean new concrete pavers) on the inside for better temp. control. We also use dollies for ease of movement. Steve.

See I've learned something today, not really sure what but I did!!!:biggrin:

Paul B

Oh, you mean the bricks go UNDER the UDS! No wonder I've been having a problem getting the lid off...

Back