ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
daedalus
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default A quick thanks to the BBQ Brethren Team

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to BigMista, Bigdog, MoKanMeathead, and singinBob who cooked under the Brethren flag this weekend at the Royal. I had not really had a chance to meat any of the brothers in person, so after i finished judging on Saturday, I just sort of dropped by their space to introduce myself. You guys really made me feel welcome, and I appreciate it. That sort of hospitality is what sets this forum apart. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Dark Horse BBQ Competition Team
KCBS Master CBJ
Certified Moink Baller

Good One "Open Range" Smoker, WMS (Cirqa 1983), Rescued NB offset, Modified ECB, No-name Charcoal Grill, Perfect Flame Gasser, Weber 22.5" One Touch Silver
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

You guys maked me feel like a proud papa!!!! BIG thanks from me too!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

Um.. excuse me!!! MISTA.. MOKAN.... SINGING BOB... BIGDOG...WHY ARE THERE NO PICTURES? HUH HUH HUH HUH!!! How did potluck go? I saw one pic of cracker all green and lit up..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
spicewine
Babbling Farker

I got a BIG MISTA SIZED Reach Around !! He caught me off guard!! Good thing Kick wasn't there!! There might have been a GANG Reach Around!! Neil: It was so great to finally MEAT you !! Dog, Wayne and Singin' Bob: It's always fun seeing you guys!! Had a great time on Saturday. Neil: Thanks for the MOJO for my BBQ Sauce award!!!

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT, PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

OK.......I'll go get the camera and upload some pictures....but you should know, after the Templeton Rye, there were no more pictures taken.....Potluck was good.....Pork, beans, lasagna, gumbo, broccoli salad, califlower salad, pineapple cake....ok that's what I ate.....there was much more......No mac and cheese though.......

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That mac and cheese was awesome Saturday night! Good to see my leftovers get some use too at the brethren site.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Um.. excuse me!!! MISTA.. MOKAN.... SINGING BOB... BIGDOG...WHY ARE THERE NO PICTURES? HUH HUH HUH HUH!!! How did potluck go? I saw one pic of cracker all green and lit up..
That's what I'm saying....where's all the pics? Thought we would at least have some pictures of all the states "welcome to" signs

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
BBQ Grail

I don't know how many times I've been told that the rules apply to long time members too...

So where's the farking pictures. I'm beginning to think it never really happened.

The best way to reach me is with email: larry@thebbqgrail.com
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Dustaway
is one Smokin' Farker

sorry I didn't get over to the brethren compound this weekend is just one BIG blur

congratulations Jay on the sauce
Backwoods Chubby
http://sexyslabs.com

"Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance."
Anthony J. D'Angelo
Dustaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
I just wanted to give a quick thanks to BigMista, Bigdog, MoKanMeathead, and singinBob who cooked under the Brethren flag this weekend at the Royal. I had not really had a chance to meat any of the brothers in person, so after i finished judging on Saturday, I just sort of dropped by their space to introduce myself. You guys really made me feel welcome, and I appreciate it. That sort of hospitality is what sets this forum apart. I'm glad to be a part of it.
It was great to meet you and talk with you as well my Brother as well as all the others that made it over to the BBQ Brethren site to say hello.
Pitman for All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Bigmista

Dang!

Y'all could at least wait for me to get home and get to the puter!!

There is a pic thread and here are my pics

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...view=slideshow

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #12
Bigmista

daedalus, it was great to have you drop by and hang with us. We enjoyed you brother. I wish more of you would have come back on Saturday evening. I tried to redeem myself after the macaroni debacle on Friday. We had mac & cheese and jambalaya and some great que from Smokeindaeye.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
Jeff Hughes
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustaway View Post
sorry I didn't get over to the brethren compound this weekend is just one BIG blur
No chit Glenn, I didn't even know you were there until I heard your call...

I'll be down your way after the first of the year looking for warm weather comps and to have Klose to some work on my cooker...
22" Weber Kettle(10 bucks@garage sale)
Jeff Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #14
bbqbull

Downloads: 1

Sorry I missed Saturdays Brethrenpotluck, we started round 2 after the awards ceremony, then off to the hotel for a quick shower, couple hours of much needed sleep and back to the Royal at O'Dark thirty, shortly after midnite, early Sunday morning, for round 2.

Im home now, severe sleep deprivation has arrived, will post some pics when I return from zombie stage to almost normal state here.
Im still in major Wow stage from the entire experience.
I never thought I would ever get a chance to get to the Royal, all I can say is WOW!

Later

KC I miss your advice.

Heavily medicated for your protection.
Founding member of Operation Bbq Relief.

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
MoKanMeathead
is One Chatty Farker

A huge thanks to everyone that came buy. The potluck Friday was awesome and the food that everyone made was incredible.

I knew BigMista was taking pics. It was such an honor cooking with BigMista and BigDog...and a ton of fun!! Phil - thanks for the opportunity!!!
MoKanMeathead is offline   Reply With Quote