The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-20-2003, 08:28 PM   #16
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

now THAT ONE IS GOOD!!!!! Damn, last part of me cookin is always washing the rub jars!! Saran wrap.. Damn.. mever thought of that.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-21-2003, 11:04 PM   #17
badger
Bash lurker

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

One way to keep your hands clean and go between chicken and beef or pork, is to put multiple layers of laytex gloves on your hands and when your done with one task (i.e. chicken) then take one pair of gloves off and quickly move to the next task.

John
NB Bandera - modded.
Unknown Offset Horizontal- Looking for my babies daddy!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2003, 07:03 AM   #18
Oldtimer
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0

Would that not be like wearing multiple condoms, could not feel your meat ? Yea I'm serious.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2003, 09:28 AM   #19
badger
Bash lurker

Downloads: 2

Only when you are rubbing your meat with mutiple layers of gloves on..... you DON'T need a grand finnaly!
Also, it's not like the lights are out.... you should be able to SEE the meat you are rubbing but can't feel.
NB Bandera - modded.
Unknown Offset Horizontal- Looking for my babies daddy!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2006, 02:01 PM   #20
BrooklynQ
Banned

Brethren obcesssions.
BrooklynQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #21
TexasGuppie
Full Fledged Farker

I have a bunch of extra beer "koozies" that my spice shakers fit into. Once I'm finished making a mess, I just pull the shaker out of the koozie and toss the koozie into the dishwasher (they are made out of a dense foam.)

It works great but makes it look like I have five beers out at the same time during prep and more than once I've tried to chug a rib rub instead of the beer that I was really reachin' for.

Ken

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"You must go through the Valley to stand upon the mountain of God."[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]In Memory of Scott "E" Cook[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]3/29/1965-9/3/2006[/FONT]
TexasGuppie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #22
rookiedad
is One Chatty Farker

i use latex gloves, plastic antibacterial cutting boards, small plastic storage containers for rubs, large stainless bowls for briningand marinating and glass baking pans or disposable aluminum pans for transport to the cooker. i load the dishwasher as i go so that everything in the prep area gets washed while the food is cooking, then i spray sinks and surfaces down with lysol antibacterial spray.
phil
rookiedad is offline   Reply With Quote