The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  


Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun weekly contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted each week. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, and the chance to choose the next week's category. Fun people only please! If you take this too seriously you will have to leave the party until you are fun again.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
bigabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-06
Location: Overland Fark, KS
Arrow BBQ Brethren "Hot and Spicy" Throwdown

Our new category is...

"Hot and Spicy"

Photo from chiliofthemonth.com

...as chosen by Grillinski, the winner of the Wild Game Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/2 - 10/11 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/11.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 10/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Friday 10/16. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Sausage Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (10/4)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Chicken Breast Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
__________________
Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club



Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
BBQ Grail's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-03
Location: Rocklin, CA
Default

Good call since October is National Pickled Pepper Month!
__________________
Larry

I am no longer captious...so bite me Shane.

The best way to reach me is with email: larry@larrygaian.com
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker
 
Join Date: 11-11-07
Location: Gone
Default

Great, yet another contest I can't enter into because I have already posted my entry. Down with rule number 2! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Our new category is...

"Hot and Spicy"

Photo from chiliofthemonth.com

...as chosen by Grillinski, the winner of the Wild Game Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/2 - 10/11 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/11.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 10/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Friday 10/16. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Sausage Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (10/4)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Chicken Breast Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
__________________
Popdaddy is Dead - 1933-2011 - Pitmaster T is a free agent
barbefunkoramaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
ipls3355
is one Smokin' Farker
 
ipls3355's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-07
Location: Mattoon, IL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
Great, yet another contest I can't enter into because I have already posted my entry. Down with rule number 2! :-)
Made a bunch of salsa last night
__________________
Chris

Crankin out Q on my ECB since 2005
UDS born September, 2007
22" Weber Kettle
18" Weber Kettle
ipls3355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
BobBrisket
Moderator
 
BobBrisket's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: El Paso, TX
Default

I got a chit load of yellow japs and tepin peppers waiting to get picked............decisions, decisions!!!
__________________
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
bigabyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-06
Location: Overland Fark, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbefunkoramaque View Post
Great, yet another contest I can't enter into because I have already posted my entry. Down with rule number 2! :-)
Make some more!
__________________
Asshattatron Farkanaut, CGCFO
Chief Galactic Crockpot Foil Officer
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club



Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
82muchhomework
Full Fledged Farker
 
82muchhomework's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-09
Location: Highland, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
I got a chit load of yellow japs and tepin peppers waiting to get picked............decisions, decisions!!!
Hey Bob, are tepins the same as Chiltepins?

Where did you get seeds and any growing tips? I've heard they are a tough one. Trying to ready myself for spring.
82muchhomework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
BobBrisket
Moderator
 
BobBrisket's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: El Paso, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82muchhomework View Post
Hey Bob, are tepins the same as Chiltepins?

Where did you get seeds and any growing tips? I've heard they are a tough one. Trying to ready myself for spring.


Yes, they are one in the same. This is one of my BABY plants. It's two years old. They are also called bird peppers I believe. The birds get most of mine and they then "spread" the seed everywhere. This plant was put there by a bird and then I let it do the rest. The great thing is the plants will be green and putting out peppers till November even December. Then i trim back the dead stuff and every year they come back up in full glory.
__________________
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
82muchhomework
Full Fledged Farker
 
82muchhomework's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-09
Location: Highland, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post


Yes, they are one in the same. This is one of my BABY plants. It's two years old. They are also called bird peppers I believe. The birds get most of mine and they then "spread" the seed everywhere. This plant was put there by a bird and then I let it do the rest. The great thing is the plants will be green and putting out peppers till November even December. Then i trim back the dead stuff and every year they come back up in full glory.
Thats just plain awesome. I can't wait to get my garden going this spring. I'm thinking Chiltepines, Red Salvinas, Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Habenero, and maybe Locotos. I'm most excited to make a chiltepin hot sauce.
I'm going to have to beat the neighbors off with a stick (probably the gardeners too). I think I'll just have to plant enough that everyone will have their fill.
82muchhomework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **
 
Join Date: 04-25-07
Location: Farmersville, Ohio
Default

vote for rule one to say baked over lump charcoal?
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **
 
Join Date: 04-25-07
Location: Farmersville, Ohio
Talking jalapeno & chipotle & chipotle en adobo pizza !

hot, hot, hot!















use the pic with arock in it, please
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
JD McGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-07
Location: Duvall, WA
Default

Rick...did you eat the pizza? Your presentation and photography are amazing...as usual?
__________________
Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team
PNWBA "Team Of The Year" 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2016...
Proudly sponsored by Kosmo's Q, MAK Grills, BBQr's Delight, Ravenswood Winery, and Draper Valley Farms!
MAK 1 Star General...
MAK 2 Star General...
MAK 3 Star General...the one to rule them all!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #13
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **
 
Join Date: 04-25-07
Location: Farmersville, Ohio
Default

there's a few pieces left.
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #14
rolf
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 03-23-09
Location: Nierstein, Germany
Default

Again! Rick, you should wait a few days or you scare everyone else from participating. Small egg, GREAT pizza!
__________________
Weber 22.5 OT-silver with cast iron grate
[url]www.cast-iron-grate.com[/url]
Kamado for low and slow, and baking.
Smokey joe for trips.
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #15
deathamphetamine
is one Smokin' Farker
 
deathamphetamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: YK, Northwest Territories
Default

mouth and eye watering!
__________________
I Eat Burgers for Breakfast
deathamphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Hot & Bothered: Food to gitcha inna Mood" Throwdown! bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 84 02-16-2012 09:13 AM
Winner of the BBQ Brethren "hot, Hot, HOT...Scovilles that is" Throwdown is... bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 13 12-13-2010 11:29 AM
BBQ Brethren "hot, Hot, HOT...Scovilles that is..." Throwdown bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 174 12-06-2010 08:38 AM
BBQ Brethren "Hot and Fast" Throwdown bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 56 11-25-2009 11:07 AM
Winner of the "Hot and Spicy" Throwdown is... bigabyte BBQ Brethren Throwdowns 0 10-18-2009 11:41 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Forum Custom Search: Enter your Search text below. GOOGLE will search ONLY the BBQ Brethren Forum.





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts