The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 11-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
KuyasKitchen
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Hickory Chips in Bulk in the PNW

I've been making ham lately (well, not really, since I have no pictures right now) ... and the imaginary ham tastes really good when I smoke it with hickory after its week-plus bath in brine.

Living over here, shipping even a couple pounds can be expensive. But, there's an option of shipping called the balikbayan box. It's US$90 for about a cubic yard of material. The box takes about 45 days to arrive. But, it's purely by volume (I shipped my 85 pound commercial vacuum sealer this way)!

I'm thinking, I want a good supply. So, I want to fill a box with hickory chips.

Where in the Seattle area can my dad buy large sacks of hickory chips?

Thanks!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
Equipment: Weber Kettle, Stainless GOSM,
Green Super-Fast Thermapen
Equipment Wish List: Smokehouse, Backyard Brick Pit with Lechon Spit
KuyasKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Pagbati sa aking Filipino kaibigan. Home Depot and Lowes has bags hickory in Seattle.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I meant, "Pagbati sa aking kaibigang Filipino." Sorry, my Tagalog is not good.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
erwinjohn
Knows what a fatty is.

Default hello from cagayan de oro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyasKitchen View Post
I've been making ham lately (well, not really, since I have no pictures right now) ... and the imaginary ham tastes really good when I smoke it with hickory after its week-plus bath in brine.

Living over here, shipping even a couple pounds can be expensive. But, there's an option of shipping called the balikbayan box. It's US$90 for about a cubic yard of material. The box takes about 45 days to arrive. But, it's purely by volume (I shipped my 85 pound commercial vacuum sealer this way)!

I'm thinking, I want a good supply. So, I want to fill a box with hickory chips.

Where in the Seattle area can my dad buy large sacks of hickory chips?

Thanks!

It's nice to know that a fellow pinoy is an avid quer as well, and to think you're from Visayas and I, from Mindanao . I got my hickory and apple chips from a classmate of mine and he bought it at Lowe's so I'm sure they have some on stock even at this time of the year (I preferred wood chunks but my classmate told me chips is what they have).

How's life in Tacloban?