The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 09-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
MAsQue
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default For Brethren in the Ct, NY area free berth at Westport

My teammate, Dennis, just got a call that his brother-in-law has been taken to the hospital in the final stages of his battle with cancer and isn't expected to last the weekend. I'm just getting over the flu and am in no shape to cook a contest by myself. Our spot at Westport is already paid for and I hate to see it go to waste. I'm hoping someone can get a team together and fill in for us. I've dropped Bob LeRose an email explaining the situation and asking that he give our spot to another team. I'm assuming there's nothing in the rules anywhere that would prohibit this. (I can't imagine that there would be.) So, if you were wanting to cook Westport and got shut out, here's your chance.

Brian

If anybody gets a team together to go, please post it here so we don't have more than 1 team show up.

Ma's 'Que Crew BBQ Team
Ma's BBQ and Catering
"Texas BBQ" propane tank stick burner
Brinkman Cimmaron
CBJ #6502

Last edited by MAsQue; 09-25-2009 at 07:05 PM..
MAsQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Brian,

That is horrible. A sad situation all around. Can't you find someone to work with as a substitute for your teammate?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
MAsQue
is One Chatty Farker

If someone wants to go to make up a team, but is hesitant for lack of experience or whatever, let me know and we'll team up for the occasion. As I said, I'm just not up to doing this one with just myself and Liz.

Ma's 'Que Crew BBQ Team
Ma's BBQ and Catering
"Texas BBQ" propane tank stick burner
Brinkman Cimmaron
CBJ #6502
MAsQue is offline   Reply With Quote