Rotisserie Turkey

H

hammerz_nailz

I am trying a 13.5 lb. turkey on the rotisserie. It has a couple of oranges on the skewer that were part of the recipe.

About an hour and 15 minutes.
20090920-IMG_7075.jpg

This is after 2.5 hours. I will try to get another shot when it's done.
20090920-IMG_7098.jpg

gooble gooble looking good. thats a good start to Thanksgiving

The recipe is from The Weber's Big Book of Grilling by Jamie Purviance and Sandra S. McRae called "Sage, Orange, and Clove Rotisserie Turkey."

It took 3 hours at 350 degrees on the kettle. The white meat came out nice and most, maybe from brining overnight. I'm practicing for Thanksgiving.

20090920-IMG_7111.jpg

20090920-IMG_7123.jpg

20090920-IMG_7125.jpg

i love doing my turkey on the rotis. about the only way i like it. yers looks close to perfect!

That's one purty bird!!!!!!

Don't swallow that pop up timer;) (A guy in FL sued Tyson Foods and grocery retailer because he swallowed the pop up timer in a turkey. I left before that case was settled but if he got a dime, I hope he choked on it too.)

How can you beat A rotiss Turkey? I dont think you can...great looking bird you have. Good Job.

What kind of wood did you use for smoke? It sure does look good.

That is some stunning color on that bird, great looking turkey.

That is definitely on of the best looking Turkeys I have seen. What wood did you use?

That is flat out awesome!
One of the keys to my wifes heart :biggrin: is rotisserie poultry.

nice job

I used that recipe once for Thanksgiving, sans rotisserie, and it was one of the best turkeys I've ever made. :cool:

:eusa_clapOoo, tear me off a wing. No, a leg istead. Great color. Looks like you got it nailed down for Turkey Day. That's a hitter in my book!

Thanks for the comments everybody.
I used royal oak lump and a couple handfuls of apple. The rub had some olive oil, plus I put a little butter under the skin before it went on the spit.

Back