The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Default Q-Aid Event Mid Atlantic

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured I'll start here. This was posted on another forum, but I thought some folks here might be able to help out in one form or another since many are from the east coast. Please contact Stan Jackson if you can help cook or donate products. They are still in need of cooks, cookers, rubs, sauce, etc. Thank you.

Q-Aid (last year this was Kookers Kare - Mid Atlantic) is taking place October 2-3 at the Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, 15300 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD. This is the same location at last year. Last we we cooked about 1,200 pounds of boston butts for the Capital Area Food Bank. This year we are hoping to have a ton raw weight. We need cookers as well as donations of rub, sauce or cash to enable us to pull of this event. I realize there are unfortunately a couple of contests on the same weekend (they were not on the KCBS calendar when we came up with the date). If you can help us out or if you would like further information please contact me at Q-Aid@live.com. I will be at New Holland Summer Fest if you would like to talk to me there.

Thanks,
Stan
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys

Last edited by Just Smokin' Around; 09-08-2009 at 11:28 PM..
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote