THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D

dgassaway

Greg (gdulin) and I decided to try our hand at tailgating at the season opener for the Griz since we both have kids at the University of Montana.

Menu for the day began with fatties stuffed with eggs and hash browns served on english muffins along with french toast stuffed fatties covered with powdered sugar, syrup and blueberries (big hit for sure).

We camped at the local KOA the night before and put 3 butts on at about 9:00 pm, pulled them the next morning, coolered them for a few hours before serving at half time. Everyone enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches with slaw and chips and washed it down with fresh brewed sweet tea.

We lost count of how many we served but we had our families, over half the cheer leading squad (Greg's daughter is a Griz cheerleader) several UM students and friends and a few people that were just attracted by the smell and stopped to have a taste.

Several people stopped to see what that strange smoking drum was with the wonderful smell coming from the exhaust. We educated many on the wonders of the UDS.

This was lots of fun and won't be our last tailgating event.

Montana Grizzlies 38 - Western State 0: Go Griz!

Also, thanks to the brethren who came up with the Fattie Piston, this works great! Also the PVC table leg extender worked like a champ!

Attachments

The French Toast fatty with those toppings sound/look awesome...Looks like you had a great time!

BTW...your avatar is somewhat disturbing... I love it!
but WHAT IS IT?

That looks like some mighty fine grub......and some goodlooking cheerleaders too...

Go Grizz! My nephew is Carson Bender #37 playing defensive tackle.

Paul

We'll let you know next time were there and have both you and Carson join us. We always have more than enough food and enjoy good company.

Looks great, tell us more about the french toast stuffed fatties! Recipe?

Everyone loved the french toast fatties and they were easy to make. We just took a box of frozen french toast sticks, let them thaw out, put them in the fattie piston (everyone should have one of these) and packed them down real good. Next take a couple pounds of maple sausage and flatten it out in a gallon bag, split the sides to expose the sausage then roll it around the french toast.

I put them on the smoker for about 2 hrs until I hit about 160-170° internal temperature. Refrigerate overnight so they slice easier. Slice them and heat on a hot griddle just to brown the sausage and warm the french toast. Serve with powdered sugar, syrup and blueberries or what ever else suits your fancy. Good stuff!

Back