The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Default Atlanta BBQ Festival - Sept 11 & 12th

Anyone cooking a this one?

It will be our first comp.

http://atlantabbqfestival.com/index.html
SirPorkaLot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

We'll be there!

What's your team name?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

We will be cooking in the backyard division (Running Wild Open) as the "Johns Creek BBQ Crew"

Old 09-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Cool. If you need any help or have questions...just ask.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Uncle Bud, you guys aren't going to be able to make it to the one at Oconee
on the 25th/26th, are you?
Started competing in chili cookoffs back in the 1990's and have competed in more than I care to count. I became a CBJ in MiM in 2005, then MBN and in GBA in 2010. I've probably judged 130+- BBQ comps (sanctioned and unsanctioned) over this time. That said, I really enjoy competing more than I enjoy judging, and hope to get back to doing 4 or 5 a year in the near future.
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
Uncle Buds BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

No, 3 of our team members were tied up that Friday and I couldn't talk the 4th into going out and doing all of the prep by himself!!!

Too bad, cause this looks like a great site for a contest. Me and Bud Jr. put in to be judges so we may see ya'll after the awards.

Good luck and have fun!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Lake Dogs

Definitely, we'll see 'ya then. There's just 2 of us; it'll be a long 2 daze... If nothing else, odds are good that we'll be at Kennesaw next year. We should see you there.
KCBS in Jasper in April (with a CASI chili cookoff), somewhere else in May... We may
catch that big 'un at Talladega in a few weeks...
Started competing in chili cookoffs back in the 1990's and have competed in more than I care to count. I became a CBJ in MiM in 2005, then MBN and in GBA in 2010. I've probably judged 130+- BBQ comps (sanctioned and unsanctioned) over this time. That said, I really enjoy competing more than I enjoy judging, and hope to get back to doing 4 or 5 a year in the near future.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Unless they are making a change, the Jasper Habitat Hullaballo is an IBCA sanctioned event, not KCBS. It was the only IBCA contest in Georgia until the Dalton Liberty Tree BBQ show was announced this summer.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
Lake Dogs

You're right! I had/have DAIN-BRAMAGE. However, we'll probably be at that one again. Haven't cooked BBQ there, yet.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
SirPorkaLot
Babbling Farker

Got our info pack today in the mail.
We are ready to have a big time next weekend!