The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-31-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
Heath
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Wicked good charcoal

Hey all,

I saw this site, http://www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com/ and another site that did a test, http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag25.htm so I decided I would try it also. Got it in yesterday, cooked some pork chops on the grill, will do some steaks tonight. Tomorrow I plan on doing ribs and lamb in the 'Dera. I've got some pictures so I'll do up a report on it.

Also if you guys are looking for some input on different types of charcoal check out this place, http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdata.htm

Hope this hepls some of ya. So far I really like this stuff, we'll see how it does smoking.
Party Crew
Bandera(Highly modified), Hasty Bake, Weber Gold, Unmodified SS hot water tank, an old wood burning fireplace insert, 2 buckets, and a hole in the ground. HeHe
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I stumbled on that charcoal link also awhile back and think I posted it, bit don't recall. Pretty cool site.

Unread 08-31-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

It better be "wicked good",,,,$13.50 for 10lbs plus shipping vs kingsford at sams 48lbs for $9.88.... Damn $1.35/lb vs $.206/lb.....****, I need a job...

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
Heath
Full Fledged Farker

Yea but for as long as it lasts the price makes up for it. Check out the link where they testes it. I have run 2 tests so far. Last night I threw 2 chunks in about the size of the Kingsford I was using. After I was done and choked the fire down to keep the leftover coals, the Kingsford was basically gone. The Wicked was only burned on the bottom.

Tonight I grilled steaks. Used half of what I would with the Kingsford and maybe half of it burned up vice all of the Kingsford. I'll see what is left after cooldown in the morning. Next test is tomorrow. 9 slabs of bb's, 2 slabs of beef ribs, 2 chunks of boneless leg of lamb.

Got some pictures, I'll try to get them posted soon.
Party Crew
Bandera(Highly modified), Hasty Bake, Weber Gold, Unmodified SS hot water tank, an old wood burning fireplace insert, 2 buckets, and a hole in the ground. HeHe

Unread 08-31-2003, 10:28 PM   #5
david
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
After I was done and choked the fire down to keep the leftover
You did this in the Bandera? Mine's got so many leaks, I find charcoal still glowing in the morning.
2009: well, you'd need to actually go fishing to have stats :(
2008: David 0, Steelhead 1
2007: David 0, Steelhead 2
david is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Heath
Full Fledged Farker

No actually on my Hasty Bake. The 'Dera gets used tomorrow. Got family coming up and celebrating with us.
Party Crew