ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #16
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82muchhomework View Post
As a person who didn't pay for my membership (though I intend to support the Brothers), IMHO the Brethren are the most inclusive and accepting group of people I have ever met. They, including myself, assume nothing about you or your accomplishments (impressive as they are). Everyone respects each other as having something to share, even a newbe like myself is respected and appreciated.

All that being said: The expression, "This thread is useless without pictures" when taken in the context of the Brethren culture, simply means "Sounds GREAT! I would love to see some pictures!" The phrase has developed a meaning as it has been used in many, many threads. It is meant only in good spirits. Pictures are the fun part.

As with most relationships among brothers, there can be a bit of playful jabs and sarcastic comments on the forum. Those comments are ALWAYS meant with respect and appreciation. I believe those comments, especially those that must be understood with respect to the Brethren culture, add to the brotherhood atmosphere that this forum has. Misunderstandings do happen of course. In my limited experience, however, they have ALWAYS been misunderstandings and not intentional.

*Disclaimer: This is my observation as a forum member with limited experience. If anybody feels that I have spoken for them, or spoken incorrectly, please feel free to correct me. I'll apologize immediately.

Now, Lengua is fantastic if it is done right. Your recipe sounds good. Pictures would be awesome. If you have experience with lengua, some tips on how to smoke those big tongues would be really appreciated. Thanks for sharing brother, I look forward to learning from your experience and expertise.

Dave

I for one will let ya speak for me with this post any day..... and no correction necessary.. Thanks.. well said.. its great when folks not only get it, but pass it on..

thanks again..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 03:00 AM   #17
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

All in good fun! For me it's just tongue in cheek!

Team Satchell,
Welcome and thanks for kickin in!

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #18
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SATCHELL View Post

Do I need to show my pics of my three first place and one seventh place win in BBQ Sauce; fifth in chicken, a sixth and seventh place win in pork, and one first place win in baked beans over six competitions in only my first year?

Besides recipe pics, tell me what you got.
Two Grand Champions and two first place wins ( not called grand champion) out of FOUR contest in the first season competing in a strange country. Plus bustin my azz starting a new catering business from it all with no money and no job, a wife and two kids, and little to no smoke wood availability locally, piss poor gas station no name brand charcoal that is only available to purchase three months out of the year,and the equivalent of one month of warm sunshine per year.
BYW I got pictures of it all. lol

If it wasn't for the love and generosity of the brothers and sisters on this forum I would be completley screwed and that includes a brother ( Rodger) going out of his way to drive out and find my eldest brother that I haven't been in contact with in several years.
Come on, as others have said it's just the flow we go with around here. Settle in and please continue to share you food and ideas.

Let's keep this as one big family, we would love to have you and yours become a part of it.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #19
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

PS- If someone offers you a reach-around just slip em that tongue of yours. :)

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #20
Phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82muchhomework View Post
As a person who didn't pay for my membership (though I intend to support the Brothers), IMHO the Brethren are the most inclusive and accepting group of people I have ever met. They, including myself, assume nothing about you or your accomplishments (impressive as they are). Everyone respects each other as having something to share, even a newbe like myself is respected and appreciated.

All that being said: The expression, "This thread is useless without pictures" when taken in the context of the Brethren culture, simply means "Sounds GREAT! I would love to see some pictures!" The phrase has developed a meaning as it has been used in many, many threads. It is meant only in good spirits. Pictures are the fun part.

As with most relationships among brothers, there can be a bit of playful jabs and sarcastic comments on the forum. Those comments are ALWAYS meant with respect and appreciation. I believe those comments, especially those that must be understood with respect to the Brethren culture, add to the brotherhood atmosphere that this forum has. Misunderstandings do happen of course. In my limited experience, however, they have ALWAYS been misunderstandings and not intentional.

*Disclaimer: This is my observation as a forum member with limited experience. If anybody feels that I have spoken for them, or spoken incorrectly, please feel free to correct me. I'll apologize immediately.

Now, Lengua is fantastic if it is done right. Your recipe sounds good. Pictures would be awesome. If you have experience with lengua, some tips on how to smoke those big tongues would be really appreciated. Thanks for sharing brother, I look forward to learning from your experience and expertise.

Dave

Well said Dave,now.....where are your pics?

All fueled by Ecobrasa Coco Briquettes

*Lowland Smokers Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*Lowland Smokers Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #21
jacob
Babbling Farker

I have never had tongue but if it's anything like sheep balls I will have a huge serving please. And no I don't have pictures, it seemed a little wrong to take pictures of my balls while they were still hot. :)
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #22
jacob
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SATCHELL View Post
I got a Miller light! Hey man it doesn't say anything in the rule book about having to post pictures. I was just sharing info about something people might want to try.

I paid for the year to be a member of this site and just because I haven't posted pics yet, doesn't mean I should be condemed for not posting any.

Quote:
Do I need to show my pics of my three first place and one seventh place win in BBQ Sauce; fifth in chicken, a sixth and seventh place win in pork, and one first place win in baked beans over six competitions in only my first year?
Besides recipe pics, tell me what you got.

UDS
BACKWOODS SMOKER

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures like that when you have the time to post. I wouldn't even mind sometime hearing the stories that went with those wins. How it felt when you were called up and made your first walk up etc.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #23
JamesTX
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
If it wasn't for the love and generosity of the brothers and sisters on this forum I would be completley screwed and that includes a brother ( Rodger) going out of his way to drive out and find my eldest brother that I haven't been in contact with in several years.
Sounds like a good story - where's the thread?
JamesTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #24
chambersuac

Team Satchell,
Sounds like we got off on the wrong foot. I wasn't condemning you for not posting pictures - it's just the way we do things here. No hard feelings, I hope!

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #25
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Here it is, James...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=48682

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #26
Northwoods Smoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
I have never had tongue but if it's anything like sheep balls I will have a huge serving please. And no I don't have pictures, it seemed a little wrong to take pictures of my balls while they were still hot. :)
Wow. That's really honest.
Northwoods Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #27
landarc

Yes, you want to peel the tongue, it is the least appealing part of the job, to be certain. But, once that is done, and it is best done while drinking bourbon, you are golden for getting to the good part. We would boil the tongue to tighten the skin, then peel it off once the tongue was partially cooked. Made it easier to peel.

Hmmm, no response, I guess I am gonna have to try smoking one myself.

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
firecracker jack
is one Smokin' Farker

Just wanted to take the time to say that I'm still pretty-much a newbie on this forum too. Since I began using it I've been treated with nothing but kindness and respect, from eveyone involved....Even when a lot of my posts were asking questions to serve my own interests, instead of being able to make significant contributions back to the Brethren...I appreciate it and love this place....It's a great place to share and learn, as well as have some true fun...THANKS!!!!

Now I've never tried tongue in any way shape or form, but now after reading the positive things said in this thread...Maybe I'll give it a try...Thanks for the idea,
and welcome on board Team Satchell.

firecrackerjack
firecracker jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #29
jswordy
is one Smokin' Farker

Ohhh-Kayy...so I'm reading about tongues, balls, and a discussion about respect. Hmmm... It this still the BARBECUE site?

"A lot of people won't eat a pig snoot, because they look at it like it's a snoot. Hell, I don't. I just say, 'Hey, there's two holes in the meat!' " -- Redd Foxx

Unread 08-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #30
82muchhomework
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phubar View Post
Well said Dave,now.....where are your pics?
Phubar my man, you know I've taken them. I need to post some. I am waiting to get better at my technique before I get a secret reputation as the guy who's food looks like a farkin mess.

And then, I'm sure everyone will say that it looks good anyways cause that's how the Brother's roll.

You are absolutely correct, I need to post some pics of SOMETHING.
Maybe after this weekend.

Besides, I don't have an AWESOME yellow pit to show.
82muchhomework is offline   Reply With Quote