The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hit 3, wait for counter and close at 350,
if that works for you.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
smokeypig
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazmo27 View Post
I've always liked the New Braunfels smokers because i'm a fan of the Texas Hill Country but i'm not sure how their quality changed when they were bought by charbroil.
quality went to hell in a handbasket. cheaper made, thinner metal, crappy paint. I have the NB Black diamond. bought the charbroil version a few years later, seasoned it properly, cooked and, afterwards, promptly returned it to wallyworld...

never again, my brothers. Never again.
NB Black Diamond, Purveyor of Fine Swine and Originator of the Fatty, Right-Wing whackadoo (and according to the Dept of Homeland Security, quite possibly a threat to National Security)
visit us at http://www.grifenhagen.com
smokeypig is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #18
BobBrisket

He wants no less than 400 for the OK Joe. I can't do that much right now. Something else will pop up eventually.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
He wants no less than 400 for the OK Joe. I can't do that much right now. Something else will pop up eventually.
Didn't he say OBO?

Weber Platinum Kettle, Weber OTS, Meco square grill, ECB, a WSM, a cool fold up camping grill, a Blackstone flat top camping stove, The MOAB, and now the proud owner of a YS640, MOINK.

Smoke on Brother KC

Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is online now   Reply With Quote