oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
scoobyQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Looking For Packer Brisket in Bay Area

I'm going to be competing up in Clear Lake at the Smoke on the Water Contest over Labor Day weekend. I have not competed before and do not know where to find a packer brisket in the Bay Area. I am located up in San Rafael about 10 miles north of San Francisco. I went to Costco and the only packer they had was about 7 lbs and was pancake thin. Anyone on this site from the area and have any ideas. I'm looking for a CAB packer brisket between 12-16 lbs.
scoobyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Skip
is One Chatty Farker

Restaurant Depot
2045 Evans Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
Phone: 415-920-2888
Fax: 415-920-2889

If you don't want to pay the fee I've heard of others asking for a one day pass to see if they wish to join.

Swamp Pit BBQ's freeloader

To part or not to part: that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to part and suffer the slings and arrows of ostentatious brothers or to not part when faced with a sea of dissent, and by compromise end it? To part: to succeed. Forever more: and by succeed to say we win.

Yeah it looks good...but how does it smell?

Member of The Big Guns BBQ Team Semper Fumantem

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
scoobyQ

Thanks. I thought you needed a business license to get into Restaurant Depot. I'll give em a call.
scoobyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
Josh Sullivan

Don't believe you'll find CAB there, but the Smart & Final in San Rafael carries briskets.

I've also purchased brisket from the Golden Gate Meat Co. (goldengatemeatcompany.com) and have heard that Roberts Corned Meats (robertscornedmeats.com) on Bryant is a good source.
Josh Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote