The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #31
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by motley que View Post
She is hot though for popping out 4 kids. I would in a heartbeat
This is going to SHOCK the Chit out of you all................but I wouldn't hit it. I can't get past that big, goofy, gummy, toothy smile..........it ruins it for me. Even with a paper or plastic bag mod.........I still know whats under there.

Funny thing was, the wife was watching this REALLy old episode of Hollywood Squares fromt he 80's. Guess who was a contestant and lost? She has not changed a bit except for the hairstyle and clothes.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #32
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
This is going to SHOCK the Chit out of you all................but I wouldn't hit it. I can't get past that big, goofy, gummy, toothy smile..........it ruins it for me. Even with a paper or plastic bag mod.........I still know whats under there.

Funny thing was, the wife was watching this REALLy old episode of Hollywood Squares fromt he 80's. Guess who was a contestant and lost? She has not changed a bit except for the hairstyle and clothes.

I can't get past the artificial "bubbliness" and those dang constant "cheerleader expressions" with the snappy head movements up and down. Too fake for me.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling

Last edited by Bamabuzzard; 08-03-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #33
Markbb
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Ain't no way her show last over one season. Just like the Neely's. That show is on death row. Too over the top, too manufactured persona's for staying power.
I hope your right....can't stand them how the hell they get a show anyway...the neelys her voice grates my nerves like finger nails on a blackboard..
Markbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #34
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbb View Post
I hope your right....can't stand them how the hell they get a show anyway...the neelys her voice grates my nerves like finger nails on a blackboard..

I was actually trying to give the show (The Neely's) a chance and sat down and watched a few episodes. I got road rage in my recliner and almost went and got my shotgun and shot the tv out.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #35
Brauma
Quintessential Chatty Farker

My wife LOVED her 4-step meal idea.

I felt she would win; she could relate to more households across America. I thought Jeffry was too confident. When he did his pilot and was talking up that spicy paste from Paris, I turned to my wife and said, "And now where in the fark am I supposed to go buy that around here?" I couldnt relate to him.

"Life's too short to drink cheap beer or eat crotchpot BBQ"

NB Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs: Poncho - Large, and Lefty - Small; Weber Kettles; 6' fire pit; Super fast Blue Thermapen
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM   #36
Slamdunkpro
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Ain't no way her show last over one season. Just like the Neely's. That show is on death row. Too over the top, too manufactured persona's for staying power.
Wanna bet? After the last couple of fiascoes involving NFNS shows, I'll bet FN pumps this show and her more than they did Gary Ferry.

Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #37
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma View Post
My wife LOVED her 4-step meal idea.

I felt she would win; she could relate to more households across America. I thought Jeffry was too confident. When he did his pilot and was talking up that spicy paste from Paris, I turned to my wife and said, "And now where in the fark am I supposed to go buy that around here?" I couldnt relate to him.
Between the two they had to pick from they did pick the right one. But she's nothing more than what they already have. Cut from the same mold, and she is basically doing what is already being done now. Inexpensive, "easy", "quick" cooking for the working woman. How many shows do they need catering to the working mom or wife?

Like I said. It's nothing more than the general motors approach to cooking shows. Have a lot of different named cars that look awfully similar to each other.

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #38
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamdunkpro View Post
Wanna bet? After the last couple of fiascoes involving NFNS shows, I'll bet FN pumps this show and her more than they did Gary Ferry.
I must have missed the fiascoes. What were they?

www.doubledsbbq.com
Backwoods Patio Unit

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
mbshop
Babbling Farker

fn puts me to sleep, one big yawn. only ddd holds my attention.

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #40
ABQ
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyasKitchen View Post
... breaks open boxes and cans, slathers things together...
I hate these type of shows/hosts. Nothing wrong with using the box stuff, but if you want a recipe using them they're on the side of the box or the food company website. I don't want to watch this or buy a book with it.

I too saw Melissa winning based on the current trend of FN. I liked both. For being self taught, Melissa does have a good handle on cooking fundamentals. Maybe learned from the old food network? Regardless, under pressure she still remembered the fundamentals.

I'd be content for hours just watching a digital camera/sound of a restaurant camera.

Unread 08-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #41
Brauma
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I miss Emeril Live!!!

"Life's too short to drink cheap beer or eat crotchpot BBQ"

NB Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs: Poncho - Large, and Lefty - Small; Weber Kettles; 6' fire pit; Super fast Blue Thermapen
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #42
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I hated all of Emeril's shows. And having worked in restaurant kitchens, I know that if they had a real show of what happens in a kitchen, nobody would want to go out and eat. The last few disasters? Like The Hearty Boys, or the woman after that? They are going to do another 'you can do great and healthy meals on a ridiculous budget and in ridiculous times' show. Meals for Four for $10? Yeah, that will sell, just like the Food Network Challenge show.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #43
mgwerks
Full Fledged Farker

I wouldn't necessarily say that her bubbliness is contrived. There are people that think Paula Deen's accent and mannerisms are fraudulent as well. Mostly I hear these comments from people that haven't been exposed to different areas of the country.

All I'm saying is that just because yo don't know anyone like them, doesn't mean they aren't real. I have known many people almost interchangeable with Paule Deen, and they weren't putting up a front.

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:52 PM   #44
Grillman
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I know that if they had a real show of what happens in a kitchen, nobody would want to go out and eat.
Melissa's show will likely be very popular, as she fits what The Food Network
is selling these days.
I too have worked in Restaurants for many years, and when you have a
6 top order ready to go out...and you drop the well done steak on the
floor....well...you don't have time to recook it.

DDD is a fun show to watch..as long as you don't watch to closely.
The way some of those people handle food is scary...especially when
they do it in front of a TV camera.
Grillman is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #45
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think judging by her background as a MSoft execs wife and a exec herself, that it is a personality that she assumes when she is presenting an image, but, it is less contrived, than just an aspect of how she behaves in certain situations. It is one the things I have hated in the Bay Area, the tendency to have multiple images and personalities based upon what the situation is and who you are dealing with. I would hit it, but, I would make sure to not enjoy it as much as I would normally.

Whip It Off, Chambers!

"perhaps...but then again...maybe not..."
landarc is online now   Reply With Quote