Hot-N-Fast Brisket w/Pron

igolf2

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Last few briskets were done at high temp (I know - no pron didn't happen) but I had a rare day off from the golf course and threw on a brisket while I worked around the house and yard.

only had a 6+ lb. flat so that's what I used
7-20-09722.jpg

Injected with beef broth and rubbed down with salt - garlic - pepper - and a bit of rub

7-20-09723.jpg

In the smoker ( Gasp - A Gasser!!! - I know it's sacrilege! - but it's all I got right now until quiet time late fall )
7-20-09724.jpg

Foiled at 165

7-20-09725.jpg

Bosley the guard pup watched over the brisket ( He knows he will get a piece or two :mrgreen:
7-20-09721.jpg

sliced up after a 2 hour rest (pulled at 200)
7-20-09727.jpg

Not a bad dinner after a hard days work
7-20-09729.jpg

Brisket had a small smoke ring but was juicy, tender and flavorful, this is a great way to do briskets for those of us that just don't have the time for low and slow and I am getting better results too :!:

What Temp did you cook at? Beautiful Chocolate Lab, they are great dogs.

That looks great. Looks like Bosley could handle at least 5 pounds given the chance. Nice job.

:biggrin:Nice meat, but I have to compliment you on your pup, He is gorgeous. I have the same breed and looking for a second.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Cooked at 350 degrees - And Bosley is a total handful - 7 mo. old and crazy as a drunk monkey. Just had him in a training class that helped a bit - But I do love labs.

yeah school just made mine smarter than me.... and stuborn as an ox!!

Cheers mate :) I couldn't resist, I'm a proud parent!!! This is Muddy:biggrin:

Last edited:
Muddy - great name and beautiful Chocolate! Stubborn does describe these guys doesn't it?

Back