The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 07-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
Ron_L

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Exclamation A note from your friendly neighborhood moderators!

Hi gang! With competition season if full swing we'd like to ask for you help with a few things that will make our jobs easier (it is all about us, after all )

1. When you start a thread about a competition (an announcement, roll call, results, etc.) please search first to see if a similar thread exists. It is OK to have separate announcement, roll call and results threads. This is actually preferred for competitions with a lot of forum traffic.

2. When posting a thread about a competition, please include enough info in the thread title to allow folks to determine the name of the competition, where it is and when it is. I'd like to suggest a format for threads about specific competitions to make sure that the requested information is included...

<Name_of_competition>, <Location_of_competition> - <Dates_of_competition>

Where "Name_of_competition" is the name that shows up in the sanctioning body's listings, "Location_of_competition" includes the city AND state as show in the listing, and "Dates_of_competition" includes the year since many of these events happen every year.

3. When posting competition results, please take an extra couple of minutes to highlight the Brethren teams using bold text. If you are not sure who are Brethren teams please use the Listing Of Brethren Members Teams. That's what we do If you compete and you want your team name highlighted please make sure that you are listed in that thread.

Thanks in advance! With the increase in competition activity in this forum we are spending quite a bit of time cleaning up these items and any help that you can give us is appreciated!

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

Several of you have read the above and have taken the time to follow these requests. thanks! I am bumping this to see if i can get everyone's attention, especially when posting competition results.

3. When posting competition results, please take an extra couple of minutes to highlight the Brethren teams using bold text. If you are not sure who are Brethren teams please use the Listing Of Brethren Members Teams. That's what we do If you compete and you want your team name highlighted please make sure that you are listed in that thread.

If you post competition results (and we encourage to do so), please take the time to highlight the Brethren teams, especially if you are going to post the full results instead of the top 10s. Please?

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend

Last edited by Kevin; 08-09-2009 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: sp.
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0

I am sorry Ron I am a computer retard and just wanted to pay the homage to the guys who whipped our asses.
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote