The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
undertaker
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy7649 View Post
nice set up. did you cook your brisket and butts on site? if so how long did you cook them? do you tear down every night?
I am only doing it on Saturdays when I don't have another gig right now so I do tear down. I have been cooking the meat on site but it is not very far from where I live and I have wheels on my uds so I cook them behind the building and then just pull them out when getting ready to serve.

Unread 07-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats, undertaker - keep up the good work...and remember...if you ever start selling ribs, DON'T boil them and add liquid smoke :)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
undertaker
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
Congrats, undertaker - keep up the good work...and remember...if you ever start selling ribs, DON'T boil them and add liquid smoke :)
HA HA!! Oddly enough, no one has asked for ribs yet. I'd start cooking some if I felt there was a demard for it. They have asked for a smoked potato so maybe its an Idaho thing.

Unread 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
HA HA!! Oddly enough, no one has asked for ribs yet. I'd start cooking some if I felt there was a demard for it. They have asked for a smoked potato so maybe its an Idaho thing.
Congrats!

Smoked potato....hmmm...sounds interesting.

Unread 07-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #20
RubMeTender
Full Fledged Farker

I'd at least try a few racks out there. Nobody asks because the rest of your q is so good, but ribs are easy to go home with food.
If you cook them, they will come.
RubMeTender is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #21
timmy7649
Full Fledged Farker

nice. some day ill be there. thanks for answering my q's. good luck in the future. dont be afraid to keep the pic's comming.