THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
At how little fuel the Egg uses.
I did a 20 hour cook Thursday night into Friday
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64555

I started the cook with this much fuel - Cowboy lump, 4 chunks of Apple and about 6-8 pieces of cherry.
LIT.jpg

After about 20 hours this is what I had left.

AfterCook.jpg

I love my BGE.....

I'm on my second bag of lump and still haven't had to clean any ash out. It's my go to cooker unless i need more room.

That was one of the major factors in my deciding to buy one!

I know what you mean... I have the two opposite cookers sitting next to each other... My BGE that uses nothing, and my Lange that just keeps on eating....

(BTW, I'm not complaining, wouldn't trade either of them)

I know what you mean... I have the two opposite cookers sitting next to each other... My BGE that uses nothing, and my Lange that just keeps on eating....

(BTW, I'm not complaining, wouldn't trade either of them)
Yep - know what you mean - used the BGE for 20 hour cook... fired up the Klose for some ribs - went through an 8 pound bag of lump and 6 splits of wood. Still wouldn't trade the Klose though - nothing like it when I need to do a big cook.

Yeah......I want one bad. Just can't seem to justify the dough.
Found a LARGE on CL last week....guy wanted $600 with all the bells and whistles. Good buy I guess.......still $600.

I've got about $30 in the old ECB and it keeps on cookin.

SANTA????

Yep - know what you mean - used the BGE for 20 hour cook... fired up the Klose for some ribs - went through an 8 pound bag of lump and 6 splits of wood. Still wouldn't trade the Klose though - nothing like it when I need to do a big cook.

I know that feeling... Went through about 40 pounds of lump and 15 splits for the pig this weekend, but try putting an 85 pound pig on a Large BGE... :lol:

Yeah......I want one bad. Just can't seem to justify the dough.
Found a LARGE on CL last week....guy wanted $600 with all the bells and whistles. Good buy I guess.......still $600.

I've got about $30 in the old ECB and it keeps on cookin.

SANTA????
Keep looking... Every now and then you get lucky... I got my BGE off of CL for $150...

say would the BGE pay for itself, on how much fuel you save?, you know like the on demand hot water guys keep telling me.

HA!! Well, true or not......Mrs. Wampus ain't buyin' that line!

You know....geothermal heat pays for itself after a while too......but you still gotta foot the BIG $$$ to put the system in.

Therein lies my issue......cheap bastard that I am! LOL!:mrgreen:

Back