THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
First I have to take my hat off to you folks that do this on a regular basis - 3:00 AM is not a time I really like seeing.
I have a 10 pound shoulder that I put on the pit at 8:45 last night - used my own pork rub.
Shoulderat845pm.jpg

At 2:15 am I added an 8 pound Brisket with a little Heffer Dust.
Brisket2AM.jpg

Here they are - so happy together in the early morning.

Sohappytogether245am.jpg

The shoulder is at 173 - been slowly inching up over the past few hours. I threw in some apple and cherry.
2 racks of spares and 40 SBTs will go on tomorrow.
Will post more later.

Lynn! You still up? Its only 9:49 where I'm at! That shoulder looks great! What time is lunch? I think I can be there just in time! LOL!

looking great so far!
i have both a stoker and a guru, but i don't use them anymore. i use a thireye wiggle rod and give the lump a poke from underneath thru the lower vent just prior to going to sleep. works every time. i still get up and check every four hours though.

the extended grid will clip on to the lower grid if you turn the extended grid 90 degrees, but you have to plan for that when you put the brisket on. it'll work fine the way you have it, i'm just saying. :biggrin:

good looking gasket you have there

Thanks Rick - I just gave them a little wiggle rod action...
Pork @ 168*
Brisket @ 148*
Big Al spelled me and got up at 6 to check the Egg (what a guy!)
We are actually firing up the Klose (it's only been a year) to get the spares going.

Post Pron

The shoulder came off the Egg at 2:45 pm on Friday. 18 hours for a 10 pound shoulder.

Shoulder.jpg

The bones pulled right out.

Pulled.jpg

The brisket came off at the same time - almost 13 hours for an 8 pounder. Probably one of the best briskets we have done.

WholeB.jpg

Brisket2.jpg

No more room in the Egg so we fired up the Klose and tossed the ribs in - Cooked over cherry and apple

Spares.jpg

After about 6 hours they got pulled...

Ribs1.jpg

Then the SBTs went on -

SBTs.jpg

Made cobblers - peach and blueberry...

Cobblers.jpg

And one happy customer....

Onehappycustomer.jpg

Today I am not doing ANYTHING!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Oh - and Kizmet the Q-Dog kept me company the whole time. She is crashed out on the sofa next to me with her hed on my leg. Good Q-dog...

Happy 4th folks - I hope you all have a great day.

That all looks great! Nice job! Enjoy your day of rest!

For the SBTs are those the mini sweet peppers that they sell at Sam's or Costco? I've used those before and they come out great.

Back