The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 06-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Central Market Backyard BBQ - Shoreline WA 6/20 *pics*

Sixth Annual Central Market Backyard BBQ Cook-Off in Shoreline, WA. This is the first time I've cooked here, its held the day before Fathers Day and is a family/Customer appreciation event. Meats provided for turn in and leftovers sampled by the public were Alaskan Copper River Salmon, Babyback Ribs and Choice Brisket flats. The turn ins were plated with an emphasis on "restaurant style garnish" for Appearance.

Most of the teams I talked to were comprised of members that specialized in the respective meats or garnish so I had a target on my back when I rolled in solo!

11th Place Salmon

Health Dept. temps the served meats at minimum 145* and that is too dry for Salmon in my opinion! I was on it with Dizzy Pig Raging River on a Western Red Cedar plank adorned with cedar sprigs, cooked on the Red kettle.

2nd Place Ribs

Plowboys Yardbird with a Blues Hog glaze, coleslaw n' beans. Cooked on the Magnum drum

5th Place Brisket

Bovine Bold with grilled squash, asparagus, roasted garlic and spud wedges. cooked on the WSM

I finished 4th Place overall and when they called my name they announced that in 6 years of the contest I was the only team to cook this event solo!

More pics from the cook-off
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Mkt/?start=all
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
McClung
is one Smokin' Farker

Was it in the flyer that it was restaurant style presentation? I would have gotten my a$$ handed to me if they sprang that on you last minute. Baltic Boyz the only other PNWBA team there?

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]The Good One Model 30/24P
UDS
Smoke and Thistle Competition Barbecue Team
1Lazy1 Brand, A Texas Original
Lifetime member Displaced Texans
[/SIZE]
[I]THE SPICY FAIRY ROCKS![/I]
[/FONT][/B]
McClung is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
swamprb

Shots Fired- 3rd Place
Midnight Ramblers- 4th Place
Baltic Boyz- 5th Place

This wasn't a PNWBA event
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
JD McGee

Nice job bro...it looks like it was a lot of fun. Next year you'll be better prepared for a run at GC...
Northwest BBQ Society
We cook on MAK Grills , Big Poppa Drum Smokers, & WSM's
Proudly sponsored by Big Poppa Smokers, Kosmo's Q, Simply Marvelous BBQ, and MAK Grills
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote