THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

Rick's Tropical Delight

1.5 pound ground pork
2 pound ground round beef 85/15
1 cup panko bread crumbs
onion
red pepper
green pepper
2 eggs
bbq rub
black pepper
kosher salt
chipotle pepper

smoke at 250 for 4 hours with cherry chips and apple splits

8 grain spaghetti
local marinara sauce with a little blues hog & fresh oregano, basil, thyme from the garden

this didn't suck :biggrin:

meatballusmaximus-008.jpg

meatballusmaximus-024.jpg

yes, you can make pasta in an egg :eusa_clap

meatballusmaximus-027.jpg

meatballusmaximus-032.jpg

meatballusmaximus-033.jpg

this sauce was killer with the blues hog addition

meatballusmaximus-036.jpg

add parsley and microplaned parmigiano reggiano

meatballusmaximus-038.jpg

add a nice merlot

meatballusmaximus-046.jpg

meatballusmaximus-053.jpg

meatballusmaximus-054.jpg

:biggrin:

Rick, It looks delicious, but at first glance of the recipe, it seems to me to be missing some moisture elements. Were you happy with the panko's ? Or have you tried any breads/crumbs variations?

I cook a lot of different types of meatballs and meat loaves; baked, pan-fried, broiled, grilled, and even deep fried for meatballs. I've used all types of breads, crumbs, and a few grains as well. I always come back to soft white bread soaked in milk for the moistness and tenderness.

Chris

Rick, It looks delicious, but at first glance of the recipe, it seems to me to be missing some moisture elements. Were you happy with the panko's ? Or have you tried any breads/crumbs variations?

I cook a lot of different types of meatballs and meat loaves; baked, pan-fried, broiled, grilled, and even deep fried for meatballs. I've used all types of breads, crumbs, and a few grains as well. I always come back to soft white bread soaked in milk for the moistness and tenderness.

Chris

panko is the king of bread crumbs. the fresh peppers and onion provided the needed moisture and the panko absorbed the fat from the ground meats. the sauce added to the spaghetti added more moisture. it was perfectly moist. moist, warm meat with warm sauce. mmmmmmmmmmm

add a nice merlot

meatballusmaximus-046.jpg

[/quote]

I need to make a meal like that for the wife… I bet the bed would not be cold after a dinner like that :biggrin:. Very nicely done

does this look dry to you?

meatballusmaximus-051.jpg

the words are al dente, ambrosia, and pastafarian!

*touched by his noodly appendage*

Last edited:
man, i'm tellin ya it was incredibly delicious :biggrin:

meatballusmaximus-043.jpg

Back