Summer in the terlit!!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
That pretty much sums up this years contests.
On my way down to Bar-B-Qlossal to help Plowboy with his vending aspirations, a skool bus pulled out in front of me and ended my summer.
The bike is not totaled (again) I have multiple spinal fractures,( wearing C-collar for 6 weeks) broken nose, nasal cavitys, skull fracture, abrasions and bruises all over the place.
They had to do emergency surgery on my left leg to save it. I will be fine in time but will miss all your smiling faces for a while. Already left Todd hangin, I just canceled judging Marshalltown, I'm not sure yet about Waterloo or Mason City but should be ready to cook at Waucoma.
So keep your eyes open for us bikers and I'll see you later.
Ed

Man, im glad you are alive.
That is why i sold my fatboy. Everytime i got on that thing somebody or something jumped out in front of me. Buy a pit, its safer.

Damn Ed!
So sorry to hear about the accident, sounds pretty bad but glad you will heal in time.
Take care.

Scott

As they say, it's not IF you will crash your bike, but when and how hard.
I sold mine when I saw I guy on a shovelhead die in front of me in Atlanta traffic.

Glad you made it through, if not in one piece at least with them glued back together!

Wow. I have laid mine down before but nothing like this.

Thank god you are alive and well (for the most part)

I hope you have a quick recovery.

Ed,
Sounds like a real close one but as per above, thank God you're ok.
Hope the mending and recuperation go well and for a total recovery as soon as can be.
Hope you're feeling real better real soon.

Damn Ed sorry to hear. Glad to hear you are going to heal.

I try to follow most of the accidents and did not hear about yours. Did you know there was another school bus / motorcycle accident in Cedar Rapids on monday?

It's dumb enough for a driver to say they never saw the motorcycle after an accident. But for a school bus driver to say it is totally incompetent.

Glad your going to make it.

I believe most bike accidents are caused by folks always in a danged hurry.

Dude! Man, I'm not going to say "I'm glad you're OK", but I am glad you're alive and can keep the leg! Wow.

Get well soon, brother.

Arlin

Ed - Holy Cow man... I had no idea. I am just glad you are alive brother.
Ok.... so.... next year at Marshalltown...:cool:

Get well, you'll be in the prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

Get well soon Ed. I'll drink to your recovery every night for as long as it takes. :)

A BIG ouch! It's going to take some time, but you'll be back, I'm sure of it!
Take care and I hope the healing process is quick!

Back