The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Wink

I hear ya all. This is gonna be a lot of work for you and all of your helpers. Perhaps outsourcing is the answer....J/K

My question is "who would do this if you didn't?"

Bigmista is right about the cost of that mac-cheese, to do it right is gonna cost you.

You might want to re-calculate. Figure out your cost and add 25%, that will be your true cost.... don't forget the money you choose to pay your help. The you can make a gift of your usual profits... just my two cents!

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

I think we've all been there, done that, and have the t-shirts from it...

I personally would be in the $12-$14 range. The area that I live in can handle that kind of a price. Have I done it for less? Of course I have, where do you think I got the t-shirt?

If you feel you can do it for $8 a head, then that is the price you should charge you friend. We are just trying to give you our insight, nothing more, nothing less...

Please keep a full accounting of the job (I do this for any and all jobs I do) so that you can see where you went right and wrong on this gig and then learn from it....

I also agree that you should swear them to secrecy on the price or you'll be asked for it over and over again...

Good Luck!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
BBQNUTT
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I think we've all been there, done that, and have the t-shirts from it...

I personally would be in the $12-$14 range. The area that I live in can handle that kind of a price. Have I done it for less? Of course I have, where do you think I got the t-shirt?

If you feel you can do it for $8 a head, then that is the price you should charge you friend. We are just trying to give you our insight, nothing more, nothing less...

Please keep a full accounting of the job (I do this for any and all jobs I do) so that you can see where you went right and wrong on this gig and then learn from it....

I also agree that you should swear them to secrecy on the price or you'll be asked for it over and over again...

Good Luck!
That is very good advice. I will keep track of all my expenses so I will have something to base off of later on. I don't do this for a living but have many times considered doing it professionaly on the side. When I do, I will definitly be charging more than I am my buddy. They have already been sworn to secrecy!