The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #16
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learnin Querve View Post
Probably half of the people wearing the uniform today are being fed daily by for profit contractors.

They are asking for a bid for you to provide your product and services. You put you numbers together like you would for any organization that is that is looking to hire you. They're talking a lot of food and a lot of work; you have every right to make a profit.

Sure, you might donate your labor or reduce your mark-up for certain charity gigs, but the military is not a charity case.

Just my opinion...

Chris
No one said he shouldn't make a profit. He has every right to do so.

Some of us, however, feel a little different about feeding the troops. In some cases, in my opinion, there's more to life than profit. The military isn't a charity case, you are correct. The sad thing is that many of the members of the military are.

Sometimes I'll take serving others and the blessings (Karma, if you prefer) over profit. But that's just me.

Last comment, by me, in this thread.

The best way to reach me is with email: larry@thebbqgrail.com
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
hossrocks
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony76248 View Post
Did I step on my crank again? As I asked before, "Who is paying for this?"

All that said, my job allows me to spend this same tax payer money every day so I know where I am coming from. I wasn't trying to be cold or callous, I was just stating the facts. That money may or may not come out of special services funds.

I don't want to hear it about Haliburton either, lest you wish to be educated.

Like the man said, he doesn't want to cut his throat taking this job...... I say pay a man what he is worth!
Yes, this is a goverment gig. We settled on $3.50 per person for meat and sauce delivered hot. They will do the service, cleanup ect. Even at $3.50 we are still making a good profit to cover our time and we are giving them a great deal.
Thanks to everyone who posted up on this one. I was was truly torn trying to figure the best way to bid this out. We'll keep our fingers crossed that we get it. I should know in a week or so. I'll pass along the news either way.
[B]Kuna, ID[/B]
[URL="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com"]www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com[/URL]
Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Traeger 150
30x72 Reverse Flow Offset
16ft Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
12ft Full service Mobile Kitchen
hossrocks is offline   Reply With Quote