MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
StayDown

Default My UDS build

Here are the pics..at least the ones I have, of the build. I need to thank chinese bob and the rest of the brethren at the Pretty Good BBQ for the help.

The drum along with a donor drum that will be used at a later date.

Ash Pan in progress

Ash Pan

Charcoal basket

Finished

Drum build at Pretty Good BBQ 2009

In deep

Almost there

Done

I had some pics of the charcoal basket build but I seem to have lost those...I think they are still in the UDS bible thread though.

It is done now except for a few odds and ends. I may weld a dog house to the exhaust for rain and I have handles I want to add to the sides and top..also a little something special (bling mod) but that may not happen for a bit.

Stay tuned for my first smoke

Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
The Bengal Thing
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayDown View Post
bling mod
OH!!!!

I forgot about bling mod.

I need to come up with an idea for that don't I? NICE

Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
StayDown

yeah, but that is just part of the bling..that is handle bling..I am talking drum bling..something a little special..although I was thinking about not doing it and making this one a half and half drum.

Paint one half scarlet and gray and the other orange and black..one half for saturday and the other for sunday

Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
The Bengal Thing
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayDown View Post
yeah, but that is just part of the bling..that is handle bling..I am talking drum bling..something a little special..although I was thinking about not doing it and making this one a half and half drum.

Paint one half scarlet and gray and the other orange and black..one half for saturday and the other for sunday

hahahaa, I see

I will try to come up with something for the handle bling. Any ideas. I can't find a cool way to work in my name. ha, I will keep thinking

Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
StayDown

Bengal Q....heck..I don't know.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
StayDown

I am hoping to get my Maverick via mail today so hopefully I will be posting pictures of the first smoke soon