Game On...Lots of Pron...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hi folks...here's a few pics of my Memorial Day smoke and brisket rub throwdown...

I rubbed up 4 flats with 4 different rubs...(yes I remember which is which...:twisted:). The one in the dish is my very own concoction...:p

I'm also doing 6 chicks on my UDS III...

I fired up the twin WSM's with Comp K, hickory, and oak...this is a high heat brisket. I put the flats on as the temps rose to 350 ish...and that's where they've been sittin' for an hour and a half or so...

Loaded the UDS III with Comp K and apple...she's sittin' pretty @ 300 dome...

More to come...thanks for checkin' out my pics! :p

IMG_7086.jpg

IMG_7097.jpg

IMG_7105.jpg

IMG_7088.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7089.jpg

IMG_7098.jpg

IMG_7108.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7131.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

IMG_7122.jpg

BB's on the BGE comin' off soon...:biggrin:

Last edited:
You make it all look so easy... and so good. :) Lots of tasty looking food, and great photos... great shot of the weed burner in action - thanks for sharing!

I am really a beef man, but those chicks look mighty tasty!
Nice smoke ring on that brisket, Bro!

Good lookin stuff!

I like the "wind break" around the WSM's.
I'll bet that comes in pretty handy!

Which rub did you like the best?

Ahh so those are the flats you were talking about yesterday. What were the temps when you foiled? Looks farking awesome by the way. I didn't get nearly that much smoke ring on my high heat attempt. Any secret to it?

Ahh so those are the flats you were talking about yesterday. What were the temps when you foiled? Looks farking awesome by the way. I didn't get nearly that much smoke ring on my high heat attempt. Any secret to it?

Temps were about 165-170 when I foiled. I put the meat on cold as the wsm's were heating up to temp. Average temp was 350-360 throughout the smoke. They took about 2 hours to get to 165 then another 1.5 hours in the foil...total smoke time less than 4 hours! :p

Two of the 4 came out super moist and tender...the other two were just ok...not sure why just yet...??? The smoke ring was pretty much the same on all four.

Temps were about 165-170 when I foiled. I put the meat on cold as the wsm's were heating up to temp. Average temp was 350-360 throughout the smoke. They took about 2 hours to get to 165 then another 1.5 hours in the foil...total smoke time less than 4 hours! :p

Two of the 4 came out super moist and tender...the other two were just ok...not sure why just yet...??? The smoke ring was pretty much the same on all four.

Hrm, I put my meat on cold, but foiled at about 160. Had pretty much the same smoker temps. Maybe a lot of the smoke ring forms around those temps? I'll have to play around with that one.

Back