The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #16
McClung
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Here's what I learned from the Canadians, road trips aint measured in hours, they're measured in cases.

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]The Good One Model 30/24P
UDS
Smoke and Thistle Competition Barbecue Team
1Lazy1 Brand, A Texas Original
Lifetime member Displaced Texans
[/SIZE]
[I]THE SPICY FAIRY ROCKS![/I]
[/FONT][/B]
McClung is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #17
Against The Grain
Full Fledged Farker

NOW GET THIS my favorite is wraping oysters with good bacon, rolling it in corn meal and deep frying. I found this oyster recipe watching PBS TV Leigh Chase Dookie Chase in New Orleans. I was there the week before Katrina hit and she was in the kitchen cooking.

Weimer TX has Kasper's Meat Mkt, I buy jowl bacon for 2 buck a lb for the deer lease. What is left my wife chicken frys for me. Fulsher TX just on the outskirts of Houston had really good Pecan smoked bacon and sausage. Their bacon is thick sliced and is good chicken fried.

Member Lighthouse Charity Team
Elks Lodge 126
Against The Grain is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

took the wife to giudos last night, just to say we went there (i have taken all my wives there ONCE) just to say we have been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Grain View Post
NOW GET THIS my favorite is wraping oysters with good bacon, rolling it in corn meal and deep frying. I found this oyster recipe watching PBS TV Leigh Chase Dookie Chase in New Orleans. I was there the week before Katrina hit and she was in the kitchen cooking.

Weimer TX has Kasper's Meat Mkt, I buy jowl bacon for 2 buck a lb for the deer lease. What is left my wife chicken frys for me. Fulsher TX just on the outskirts of Houston had really good Pecan smoked bacon and sausage. Their bacon is thick sliced and is good chicken fried.

Unread 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #19
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS95B View Post
Honey!! Pack the bags!! We're going to Snook Texas!!!!!
Make sure you stop and get some Slovacek sausage. They made a mistake with a special order of mine once, but made it right and under a very tight deadline (FedEx of sausage in Texas in August), AND followed up with a phone call as well as email! They make a great product as well!

I'm not even going to mention the woman working there that was wearing boots, Wranglers, and looked a lot like Jessica Simpson...but better!

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
TexasAggie97
Full Fledged Farker

Sodolak's makes a kickin' chicken fried steak for sure. One would have to wake up pretty early in the morning to beat it.

If you are in the area, check out the Lake Somerville Steakhouse too. They can fix a cow up real nice. You won't leave hungry and the ice tea is fantastic!
UDS X 2 (More on the way...)
TexasAggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote