oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
Browser
Full Fledged Farker

Default Top UK chefs give their perfect BBQ ideas

This was published today in the Daily Mail. It's recipe ideas from several of the UK's top-rated chefs for their perfect BBQ food. Now, you will notice, that as is the common case in this country, they are referring to grilling as barbecuing, and there is a distinct lack of any mention of fatties, ABTs, brisket, butts etc etc. I felt like penning a response along the lines of 'if you really want to learn about barbecue, click on www.bbq-brethren.com/forum

57cm Weber One-Touch Silver.
Weber Go Anywhere.
Inter-stellar UDS :cool:
Browser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Don Marco
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
AINSLEY HARRIOTT

The TV chef is also the author of 12 best-selling cookbooks, including two on barbecues.

Barbecued around the world: Ainsley Harriott

He says: I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world for my programmes and books - Barbecue Bible, for instance - and here's one of my favourite...blablabla...

WTF ? I guess Steven Raichlen will be pissed...

DM
Don Marco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
cgwaite
Full Fledged Farker

Well, I did submit a message with a link. Once the moderators review it, maybe they'll post it!
cgwaite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

How depressing... The English used to be so good with their language....

Don't get me wrong, I'm planning on GRILLED pork tenderloin this weekend. I'm also planning on BBQ'ing up Moink balls, ABT's, Chicken, Brisket, and if I have time a pork butt or two...
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
jazzspot
On the road to being a farker

Ya gotta love this person's comment in regards to that article. Maybe, just maybe, if the person was to sample some real BBQ, I think he/she may change their opinion of "BBQ".

I hate BBQ. It is the 21st century is it not? We have learned how to cook food without fire years ago. Why people want to go back to 'burnt on the outside, raw inside' is beyond me.

Try to spare a thought for your neighbours. All summer our home smells like ash. We spend the summer with the windows shut and the air conditioner on to combat this. The minute there is a patch of blue sky out comes cave man behaviour.

I am sure this will be a very unpopular view point but I prefer to cook in the kitchen and then eat 'Al fresco'.
- martine, portsmouth, 22/5/2009 10:04
Exceptionally Accurate and Fast Red Thermapen
[/FONT]
jazzspot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
Browser
Full Fledged Farker

Unfortunately that isn't an uncommon viewpoint in the UK towards BBQs, that's why gassers are so popular as they 'smell less'. If only they'd take the time to learn how to do things properly

57cm Weber One-Touch Silver.
Weber Go Anywhere.
Inter-stellar UDS :cool:
Browser is offline   Reply With Quote