Smoked Spam

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
After smoking bologna not long ago, someone suggested I try spam.
I'm not a big spam fan, but liked the way this turned out.

I used one regular Spam and one bacon flavored Spam.

010-8-2.jpg

I scored the regular one and partially sliced the bacon one....
Then put them in my drum cooker at 300 degrees with some hickory.

014-7-1.jpg

I mixed brown sugar and cayenne pepper for the bacon spam and minced some chipotle peppers in adobo for the regular spam...

034-3-4.jpg

After smoking for an hour I brushed the regular spam with the adobo sauce and placed minced chipotles in the slits..

039-7-3.jpg

Sprinkled the bacon spam with cayenne brown sugar and spritzed with Crown Royal whiskey....

Then smoked for another 15 or so minutes.

043-3-4.jpg

045-3-4.jpg

The cayenne/brown sugar/ Crown/ bacon flavored spam had a nice crisp coating but was tender and moist inside...

066-2.jpg

The chipotle/ adobo spam was nice and moist inside too...

067-2-2.jpg

072-1-1.jpg

078-2.jpg

They were both kind of tasty and I plan on making them again.
Thanks for checking out my Spam smoke. :)

Those look great! I was also quite surprised by smoked Spam, since I never really liked the stuff too much before. Since then though, I keep myself stoked up on it just in case I get the hankering for some smoked Spam. I like to slice mine thin after cooking.

Thank you Ken and Chris!
Chris, I will give your method of slicing thin a try next time. Thanks for the tip!

You've done it again cowgirl! I think you should buy some cheaper whiskey for the spritzin' and save the Crown Royal for you and your guests! :)

Nice smoke you got go'n on......got a younger sister named Jeanie

I'd eat it, looks good! I use that same brand of chipotles btw.

You bet that looks good. Just picked up 2 fatties for snacks this coming weekend. Now I need to go back and get some Spam. Been a long time since I bought that.
Thanks!!!

Cowgirl you do a great job I am impressed with your ability. I checked out your blog and saw some great food.
You need to open a good eatery up there I bet you would do great.
I got a couple of mares they seem to be doing great we put about 13 miles on them this weekend. I'm not looking for anymore horses.

Jeanie, only you could take something like SPAM and make it look sooooo good :p

See ya,
Darren

Thanks everybody! :wink:

I'm not a spam fan but liked this stuff.
When I glaze ham, I paint it with mustard, cover with brown sugar and them spray it with whiskey. The Crown is the only kind I have on hand. :biggrin:

Markbb, tell your sister hi for me. :biggrin:

Divemaster, I like the looks of your sliced spam.. thanks for the link!

Cvan, I appreciate you checking out my blog. Thanks for that and the kind words too. I have been keeping an eye out for a horse, glad to hear you found one. :cool:

Darren thanks! :biggrin:

I've had smoked spam before, but you just took it to another level!:shock: I am actually trying scotch eggs tonight, from the recipe on your blog. Thanks in advance.

Back