• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Will this be eniough to feed 70 people

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey my boss has asked me to put together a quote on what it would cost to feed 65-70. I want to know if I am in the ballpark with how much food I need to buy.

4 butts
2 (12-13 LB) whole packers
17 slabs of ribs

If anyone can help me with any feedback I would appreciate it. cooking for this many people is completly new to me. Thanks in advance.

You never did that when you worked over here. I guess you like your new co-workers better, huh? :(

4 butts 8lbs average= 16lbs of cooked meat or 64 1/4lb sammies
2 briskets = 15.6lbs cooked or 62.4 1/4lb sammies
17 racks x12 per x 2 bones each serving 102 servings.
or 3 bones each gives you 68 servings.

Lot O' meat though per person. Adding any sides you may do, And that's a boat load of food. I might be inclined to cut the ribs down to the 2 bones per, But that's just me.

Good luck on it.

You never did that when you worked over here. I guess you like your new co-workers better, huh? :(

Well its not that I did not like you guys, I never had a boss over there ask me to cook let alone offer to pay for it :).

The biggest diffrence is I will also be cooking for the CEO and COO here and I highly doubt my BBQ would be good enough for those Farkers on the 10th floor! :) Did I just say that?

17 racks x12 per x 2 bones each serving 102 servings.
or 3 bones each gives you 68 servings.

Lot O' meat though per person. Adding any sides you may do, And that's a boat load of food. I might be inclined to cut the ribs down to the 2 bones per, But that's just me.

Good luck on it.

Mutha thanks for your input. I was thinking of cutting it down to 2 butts because that is probably the least favorite and leaving everything else the same.

^^^^Is this based on 50% weight loss? 4butts X 8lb=32lbs minus 50% weightloss=16lbs

^^^^Is this based on 50% weight loss? 4butts X 8lb=32lbs minus 50% weightloss=16lbs

Yes Sir, I find (depending on your finnish temp) That I get between 50-60% Yield. So I always go with the 50 to be safe and it's an easier number to do in my head quickly.

Well its not that I did not like you guys, I never had a boss over there ask me to cook let alone offer to pay for it :).

The biggest diffrence is I will also be cooking for the CEO and COO here and I highly doubt my BBQ would be good enough for those Farkers on the 10th floor! :) Did I just say that?

True. I think they mostly just eat cake. Good luck w/ the cook.

Back