Spring Cleaning

Beerwolf

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I looked in back yard yesterday and realized all of my toys look like crap... Just wondering what the recommended cleaning procedure is?\

Im thinking Simple Green or Purple power and a pressure washer?
These things are beyond my standard of "seasoning" so it is gonna be a fairly big job...

What do you all use? I have 3 kettles and 2 drums to do

Not to pimp for Rodney, but that Greased Lightning works better than Simple Green for cleaning grime.

Spray grates with oven cleaner, and put them in a trash bag overnight. Rinse and dry.

I get this stuff called "AWESOME" from the Dollar store. And guess what? Costs $1! I use it on the RV to easily remove the black streaks, on all the cars to take the bugs off, on the cars to remove the rubber oxidation and tires to remove the brown grime, on the grills to clear out the grease.. pretty much everything is suitable for AWESOME.

I've used Greased Lightening on restaurant hoods and various projects around the house. Make sure you wear eye protection, especially if you pressure wash -- of course, you should wear eye protection when pressure washing anyway!

Simple Green is, too, a great product. The Greased Lightening with pressure washing may strip all the way down to the metal. Simple Green is definately not as caustic.

Spray grates with oven cleaner, and put them in a trash bag overnight. Rinse and dry.

Same here. This will also work on the crud that builds up on the lids too. Caution, oven cleaner has a weird effect on the aluminum parts of the Webers like the vents, etc. It cleans them off and discolors them a bit. Turns them from a shiny finish to a dull one. Make sure bag is closed completely. If the oven cleaner dries up, it's a pain in the arse to remove.

Back