oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners(temp offline)
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

Default First cook on the 93 Performer

I went shopping to make some burgers tonight on my "new" 93 red Performer! Smelling the charcoal burn... brought tears to my tongue and belly!

Of course, here is the PRON!

Not the prettiest, but it was mighty tasty!

The first burn in the Performer

Mixing the burgers: Ground Chuck, Worcestershire sauce , Bread crumbs, Sweet Baby Rays, and onions

The patties

A finished plate... of course a second burger to munch on! The olives are hand stuffed with jalepenos! I love my friends :) Then I grilled some sweet onions :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black] 09 WSM, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]'10 BGE Small, 08 Brinkman[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]; 93 Performer, 02 Performer, 2000 Platinum;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]79 Grey, 97 Black, 99 Black, Yellow, Simpsons, Lime Green, 94 Green;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]04 Grillware, 05 Genesis sunk in 1940s Coke machine, 11 Weber Q 200;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]Mountain Dew Can, 05 Baseball, Coleman Green, 11 Coleman Blue, 04 Coleman Roadtrip[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black], 01 Smokey Joe, 02 Smokey Joe[/COLOR][/FONT]
iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
jrb03
Full Fledged Farker

Looks great. Love a good burger.

Do yourself a favor and get a weber charcoal chimney, and ditch the lighter fluid.

Pitmaker Vault
Pitmaker Grill-Meister

Backwoods Party
Backwoods Chubby

Weber Performer
WSM
Weber Smokey Joe Gold

Good Riddence
Peppercookers Trailer Offset
Chargriller Tailgate Grill
jrb03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
iceman78
Full Fledged Farker

That is my next purchase :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black] 09 WSM, [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]'10 BGE Small, 08 Brinkman[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]; 93 Performer, 02 Performer, 2000 Platinum;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]79 Grey, 97 Black, 99 Black, Yellow, Simpsons, Lime Green, 94 Green;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]04 Grillware, 05 Genesis sunk in 1940s Coke machine, 11 Weber Q 200;[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]Mountain Dew Can, 05 Baseball, Coleman Green, 11 Coleman Blue, 04 Coleman Roadtrip[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black], 01 Smokey Joe, 02 Smokey Joe[/COLOR][/FONT]
iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
jack040806
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb03 View Post
Do yourself a favor and get a weber charcoal chimney, and ditch the lighter fluid.
Yeah what he said, but even if you can't don't show the proof that you used lighter fluid. The other kids will make fun of you.
Nice looking burgers though, if we hadn't have had to go out for dinner I would have loved to have been there.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack040806 View Post
...don't show the proof that you used lighter fluid. The other kids will make fun of you.
I saw that too. Get yourself a chimney and next time the food will be even better!
Nice looking eats though. Gotta love the Weber kettle.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

On the other hand, it has probably never been started without using lighter fluid, so you are weaning it off of the stuff with one last shot.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote