New School or Old?

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of using my old Horizon Pit in next weeks contest and letting my catering team use the FEC 500 on the big trailer. Haven't cooked on the old one in 2 years. Am I an idiot???

only if you're more likely to win more money at the contest than profit from the catering !!

Good Luck... and have fun with going back to basics at the contest !!

Actually, my kids and "hired help" will be vending at the contest, but not near me, and I think the old one would be fun for a change! I have won more on the old one than the new.

Actually, my kids and "hired help" will be vending at the contest, but not near me, and I think the old one would be fun for a change! I have won more on the old one than the new.

Better give me the FEC-500.

Just like ridin a bike man, Use the Horizon. I know I can go a year without using the kingfisher, and she fires right up just like a champ and cooks the chit out of food whenever I ask :)

Just like ridin a bike man, Use the Horizon. I know I can go a year without using the kingfisher, and she fires right up just like a champ and cooks the chit out of food whenever I ask :)

I think I shall!! Now to give her some much needed TLC this week......

Hmm...since I'm competing against you...

I have a lovely rusty bucket that I think you should use. I did not pee in it...I swear.

Sure, and I didn't cr*p under my buddy's deer stand!!!

:eek: That is horrible, and hilarious at the same time. Understanding a few things about deer hunting myself, my guess is that he was not very successful that day. LOL!

After cooking on the spicewine and smokey mountains for 3 years, my first GC came to me when I went back to my first stickburner and broke out my Bandera. The contest was The Battle of The BBQ Brethren, and since it was the first contest with our name on it, I figured what etter pit to cook on and than the orignal pit that was our name sake when we were "The Bandera Brethren"

I say.. go for it.. the old girl may treat u right.

:eek: That is horrible, and hilarious at the same time. Understanding a few things about deer hunting myself, my guess is that he was not very successful that day. LOL!

Amazingly, he saw NOTHING, except a possum that kept mysteriously digging under his stand. Hmmmmmm:icon_blush:

give her that love... nothing like getting back in touch and making the old new again....:p

She's out and washed. Scraped the convection plate, made a new charcoal grate for the firebox and straightened a bent leg on the woodbox cover / table. May not get the gas log lighter fixed for this week, but that can be done next week or the week after.

I'm more excited about this contest than I have been in 2 years! Got a line on a seasoned cherry tree last night as well. Life is good!

Back