Homemade Garlic Ring Bologna w/ 1st Time Pron

C

CAustin919

Ok so here's my first go at Brethren pron. I have plenty of pron on my computer but this will be the first time I share with the Brethren.

I decided to try and make the bologna at home with the help of my wife and my Grandmother today.

We went with our own recipe for garlic ring bologna. We used pork shoulder, beef chuck, garlic (a TON of garlic), dry nonfat milk, curing salt, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, sugar, paprika, and ice water.

My butcher gave me the curing salt and the beef casings. He also put a rough grind on the pork and beef. When I got home I just ran them through the fine plate to finish it off. We mixed in the seasoning and ran it through the grinder again. I added the ice water and kneaded it by hand for a few minutes. Into the casings and then to the ice box for about an hour.

My double barrel smoker isn't built yet so I set up the weber for a slow indirect smoke. Just some good ole KF and a couple of oak chunks. Threw some potatoes on too to make a smoked potato salad. I kept the weber between 200-225 and smoked the rings until the internal temp was 154.

I decided to make bologna sammiches for the throw down so I let them rest for a while and then sliced them up. I stoked up the weber for direct flamage. Threw the slices of bologna back on the fire for just a couple of minutes. We toasted some onion rolls and slathered Pit Stop BBQ sauce on one side and mayo on the other. Put on the bologna, a few slices of smoked mozzarella and some grilled onion.

The side is smoked potato salad. I wedged the potatoes and grilled them for a few minutes to char them. Then we tossed them with grilled onion, grilled red bell, dill, mayo, garlic, salt and pepper.

Quite a pain in the a$$ for a bologna sammy but damn it was good.

HomemadeGarlicRingBolognaPre-Smoke.jpg

GarlicRingBolognaandPotatoesSmoke.jpg

GarlicRingBolognaandPotatoesSmokeCl.jpg

HomemadeGarlicRingBolognaPost-Smoke.jpg

HomemadeGarlicRingBolognaGrilling.jpg

GarlicBolognaBBQSandwichwithSmokedM.jpg

_

Now I'm hungry!! Looks fantastic CAustin! Well done. :cool:

I've gotta stop looking at these threads before I've even had breakfast! Man that looks good, nice work!

Back