• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Apple Blosssom - St. Joe, Mo

Smokehouse 72 will be there.

This will be the first contest with the newly formed team. Can't wait!!

when is it ???

and what do you thnik on how it is ran

york:icon_shy

when is it ???

and what do you thnik on how it is ran

york:icon_shy

May 1st and 2nd.

Last year was our first year there. I thought it was a decent enough constest. They gave us a Butt and loin. Butt was peoples choice and the loin was like an optional category. They did the peoples choice starting before turn ins, so that helped with people stopping by.

Only thing that was so so was the fact it is in the park area across the courthouse which has a few obstacles if you have a large trailer and dont get there early.

Bump

And I just saw on another forum that they're looking for more CBJ's! So I hope some of the regional brethren CBJs not competing that weekend are able to help out.

Tom (Apple Blossom organizer) called me and said he only has about ten 30 amp elect hook ups. If you need one - call him today to reserve one.

I failed to ask how many teams were signed up, so if anyone talks to him - ask and let us know.

He'll have some of those too - sorry for not being clear.

Either way, I'd call to make sure you're reserved for an outlet and that you'll be placed close enough to get hooked up to it. He made it sound like I was the only one who asked questions about the electric.

If I recall the 30AMPs were over on the vendor side... I liked being under the trees, so I lived with 20... will likely do that this year also.

He'll have some of those too - sorry for not being clear.

Either way, I'd call to make sure you're reserved for an outlet and that you'll be placed close enough to get hooked up to it. He made it sound like I was the only one who asked questions about the electric.

I meant he was sitting at 50 teams.

I liked being under the trees, so I lived with 20... will likely do that this year also.

Tom called me this morning. Made sure that we're all together. Makes it easier.

I think Kyle and I are doing some feed for the Hibernians, so, whatever you all do for dinner, let me know. We'll contribute, and take turns going over....who's hosting???

Tom called me this morning. Made sure that we're all together. Makes it easier.

I think Kyle and I are doing some feed for the Hibernians, so, whatever you all do for dinner, let me know. We'll contribute, and take turns going over....who's hosting???

Randy and I would like come if that's OK. We'll be glad to bring whatever is needed????

Don and I can bring something. Not sure we'll be over by the rest of you, so probably not a good idea for us to host.

Ancient Order of the Hibernians put on the contest. Hibernian = Irish peeps.

I'm hosting Hibernians, not the Friday night dinner or Saturday breakfast. I'll be emailing you gentlemen (and I'm using that salutation loosely).

Last edited:
Back