BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Dry Rubbed _______"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...
[SIZE=+2]"Dry Rubbed _______"[/SIZE]
2535565620_ae5f84c5c7.jpg

Photo from Flickr page associated with smittenkitchen.com!" target="_blank">http://smittenkitchen.com/"]smittenkitchen.com!</a>[/size"]"[URL]http://smittenkitchen.com/"]smittenkitchen.com![/size[/URL]]

This week you get to cook any item you wish so long as it is "Dry Rubbed", aka Memphis Style (think dry ribs as opposed to glazed ribs for example). This means no sauce or glaze. Just good tasty rub making a nice crust or bark. In Memphis style, sauce is served on the side.

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 3/30 - 4/5 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 4/6.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 4/7 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 4/12. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be determined by the winner of the "Brisket" throwdown, Diva Q!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Farkin Cool!

We don't sauce nothing down here with the exception of ourselves
and our women.
Count me in!
Oh ya, it will be Beef. I'm all over this one.
Great pick Diva, thank you!:icon_bigsmil

Don't worry, I'll screw it up somehow, I usually do.:mrgreen:

Weiser

This weeks category is...
[SIZE=+2]"Dry Rubbed _______"[/SIZE]

The voting will begin by Tuesday 4/7 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 4/12. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be determined by the winner of the "Brisket" throwdown, Diva Q!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Cool...I've actually got something planned that I can enter! :p

Will have to remember to take a photo of the competition meat this weekend before saucing it!

Sounds like a great throwdown selection.:mrgreen:
I may have to see what falls onto my smoker this weekend...

Is everyone going to do Brisket or a Butt?
Here it is, Wednesday already, and I can't make up my mind
as what to do that doesn't require Parsley or Lettuce as a garnish.

I'm leaning towards a Beef Bullion Jello with a special rub and
served in a smoked Ice Cream cone.

I just dunno...

Weiser

I'm in on this one...It will be Santa Maria Style Classic: Dry Rubbed Tri-Tip & Oak Wood Sticks...The ONLY true California Style BBQ.

Where is everybody?

Anyway...

Pork Loin Back Ribs from BJ's, rubbed with John Henry's Pecan Rub.

DSC06843.jpg

Smoked in my Drum with KF Comp Coal & Maple Wood Chunks.

DSC06851.jpg

Rubbed again during the last half hour or so...Delicious!

DSC06852.jpg

Pay no attention to that fattie in the background as it disappeared as soon as the ribs hit the plate! :mrgreen:

Where is everybody?

Anyway...

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06851.jpg

DSC06852.jpg

Pay no attention to that fattie in the background as it disappeared as soon as the ribs hit the plate! :mrgreen:

Okay..........now I'm hungry! These look farking insane!

good. cause it's a ky. gathering & biz ad freebie this wkend... pics after saturday.

1 pic 1 plate....

Weisers smoked T-bones got me interested in trying them. So I smoked two T-bones there were 1.25" (that is 1 1/4") thick and just shy of 2lbs each at 250 for about 1 hr. 45 min. Coulda pulled a touch earlier, but boy were they good, tender and juicy. Used my regular spices and smoked with a wood from Hawaii that I cannot remember the name of. Gooooood eatin' as the last pic shows!!!!!!!

Chris please use the third pic with the gold plate for my Throwdown entry.

Attachments

• DSC03451_2.jpg
    DSC03451_2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC03456.jpg
    DSC03456.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC03459_2.jpg
    DSC03459_2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC03465_2.jpg
    DSC03465_2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 325
Looks very tasty Jerry!
What temp did you pull them at?
Photo #4 is enough to piss a dog off! LOL!!!

Weiser

Caught a bit late, pulled at 145 and 147. Woulda liked a bit more rare but did not want to peek much.

Where is everybody?

Anyway...

DSC06851.jpg

Lookin good Hav!

Italian Suasage Stuffed Pork Loin...
Rubbed first with Dizzy Dust, and then with a rub a friend from Hawaii sent me, then smoked two hours. Then pulled from smoker and rolled in Seasoned Itailian Bread Crumbs from the bakery I work at, then coated with a layer of Wizzy's Rub... Back on the smoker till it hit 168; Moist, tender and mighty tasty!

Attachments

• DryRubThrowdown 006.jpg
    DryRubThrowdown 006.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 216
Where is everybody?

Anyway...

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06851.jpg

DSC06852.jpg

Amazing looking ribs!!!! I guess my invite got lost in the mail. :razz:

Tuesday morning brisket I did while the wife was out of town. got home from work and tossed it on the WSM about 0800. pulled it off about 6pm. Could have went a little longer but I had to eat before I went back to work. smoked with Kingsford and mesquite chunks. Rubbed with wooster and Plowboys Bovine Bold.
P3310172.jpg

P3310174.jpg

P3310175.jpg

Last edited:
Back