The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
itsjared
Found some matches.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default First Grillin' Comp. This Weekend.

Howdy folks, I've been a lurker here for a while but I'm finally coming out of the house and to the pit to talk to the pros.

I entered myself into a little competition this weekend at the local festival and they've got me scheduled to cook "pork". I have asked for them to clarify this "pork" to something I can plan for a little better.

Being that we're going to be grilling on Big Green Eggs, and our time limit is only 1hr; I assume that we'll be doing pork chops. I don't know much but I do know that they provide the meat and I bring everything else.

My question is; what is the best tactic to use in preparing a pork chop? Should I brine? Rub? both? Also any decent recipes and/or general rules of thumb that I should work with?

What are folks' thoughts and what are some little things I might need to remember?

Thanks all.
itsjared is offline   Reply With Quote