• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bassmaster Weekend Series BBQ Tour

General Comments:

I think this is both interesting and a great idea. FWIW, ABA and bassmmaster are two totally different organizations I think.

I did not get the email Todd, but thanks a bunch. Even if it is not sanctioned it pays better money than some of the KCBS contest. It almost sounds a little like a MBN contest. Thanks again.

I got an email about this yesterday from:

Debra Talley, National Marketing Director
American Bass Anglers
American Fishing Tour
Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Weekend Series
American Couples Series
Military Bass Anglers
ESPN

For the record, I'm against any contest using (stealing) the KCBS rules without permission. KCBS is no where on the site, in the application, or in the rules. If KCBS wasn't involved, I won't even consider attending.

I sure hope they were.

Question, What is the difference between professional cookers and backyard grillers? I am only familiar with KCBS rules where every team is the same. Thanks

Question, What is the difference between professional cookers and backyard grillers? I am only familiar with KCBS rules where every team is the same. Thanks

About $500 for first place in a category and $200 on the entry fee. :wink:

I've never understood the Pro/Backyard thing. I think it is a Southern thing.

About $500 for first place in a category and $200 on the entry fee. :wink:

I've never understood the Pro/Backyard thing. I think it is a Southern thing.

I was under the impression that a team was considered backyard until they had 2 GCs. that could be way off base as I think I picked that up from some BBQ show on the Food Network. Any body with the real answer, please chime in.

Got a response already to my question about KCBS involvement. As a KCBS member, I can't support a contest that wants to use our rules for free without BOD endorsement.

"No, we're just using the best of the rules offered by several different sanctioning bodies. We're an entity unto itself and cannot really go in that direction."

kinda hard to use the best of the rules and then not use the CBJ they have no thank you

Thanks for putting this out to consider. I also do not want KCBS to be used without their sanction. I only hope the board will have some way to prevent using bits and pieces of rules without full authority. As mentioned, judges without knowledge sucks. I am all for expansion of competing, but with structure, not just bits and pieces. Hope that this will get enough attention to turn into to something decent. Steve.

Back