The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
MRI_Guy
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Long week that ended up just fine.........

12+ hours of drive time, 5 states, 4 days, 4 flights, destroyed suitcase, and I should have taken a breath to get stitched up - but I was on a mission to get home last night. I wasn't about to miss my final flight because of a cut.

Anyways - after all of that - I was able to get some spare ECB charcoal pans for the Harbormaster & I to use as waterpans in our WSMs...........

Knowing we will be making some good eats together this summer takes the edge off of a rough week like this.

Gonna have to buy a new suitcase though.

1 - WSM, 1 - ECB, 1 - Char Broil Performance Series Grill on Deck, 1 - 18.5" Weber Kettle, 1 - Propane grill/mini-fridge combo, 2 - Propane Turkey Cookers, 1 - Football Grill, 1 - Rectangular Wal-Mart Special, 1 - Terra Cotta Pig I'm going to call Marvin, & one superfast RED Thermapen
MRI_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
willkat98
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Western Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.

Where were you?

Massacheusetts?

"Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants and Boots and Pants..." - Maxwell

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven
willkat98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
Harbormaster
Quintessential Chatty Farker

So how did you get cut bad enough that it needs stitches? DUDE! You haven't even been hangin' around with me. Yet.

Did you check out the fit of the ECB pans? I hope they were the right ones. When we get together (if you're interested) I'll show you how I made my Piedmont Pans.

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and I do NOT miss my days as a road warrior. Don't know how you can do it with kids.
My Toys: 10 WSMs (B, C, DH, DA, EZ, DZ, EO, DU, DR, EE/DU mutt); Brinkman Cimmaron; Chuckwagon Cooker; 4 22.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettles; 2 18.5" Bar-B-Q-Kettle; 1 Red OTS (H); 3 WGAs (EZ, DE, N); 3 SJPs (DT, DR, DR); 2 Smokey Joes (A, K); Genesis Silver C (DU).
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
MRI_Guy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98 View Post
Where were you?

Massacheusetts?
That is in another week..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
So how did you get cut bad enough that it needs stitches? DUDE! You haven't even been hangin' around with me. Yet..
I was crating up my test equipment and putting a zip tie through the padlock hole. There was a little chard of metal from shipping damage to the case. I knew it was a quality wound when I saw dripping blood without feeling myself get cut. But like I said - I was on a mission to get home.

Quote:
Did you check out the fit of the ECB pans? I hope they were the right ones. When we get together (if you're interested) I'll show you how I made my Piedmont Pans.
Dude - I've only been home for about 8 hours - give me time.........(I'll try right after my upcoming conference call - hehehehehe)

Quote:
Oh, and I do NOT miss my days as a road warrior. Don't know how you can do it with kids.
It isn't as much fun as it used to be. Now - it is get the job done and get home. These multi-city trips don't come up too often, but I have had them back to back weeks. It takes ALOT out of a guy. Caffine & airport subs can keep a guy going for quite some time................

1 - WSM, 1 - ECB, 1 - Char Broil Performance Series Grill on Deck, 1 - 18.5" Weber Kettle, 1 - Propane grill/mini-fridge combo, 2 - Propane Turkey Cookers, 1 - Football Grill, 1 - Rectangular Wal-Mart Special, 1 - Terra Cotta Pig I'm going to call Marvin, & one superfast RED Thermapen

Unread 03-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
keend
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks like you have the rat race game down pat.

Hang in there and make the most of the family when you are there.

Misplaced in the Mid-West

NB Bandera
22.5" Weber Kettle
[COLOR=black]22.5" WSM[/COLOR]
keend is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
Midnight Smoke

What did they do? Drag your luggage there?

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
Mark

One word (or is it 2?): duct tape

A thin line separates paranoia from an acute understanding of reality.
Mark is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
keale
Babbling Farker

What happened to kauai? LOL!
Weber Performer (169.00/brand new mod.)
Weber Handles from www.amlwoodart.com
UDS
22.5" Weber kettle, (refuse collector mod.)
18" Weber kettle (almost new craigslist $20 mod)

"crest of a breaking wave" thats my name...
keale is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

I remember those days before my company clamped down on travel. You gotta hate those hidden shards of metal...

MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient

Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and the CrockaQue
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
MRI_Guy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Smoker View Post
What did they do? Drag your luggage there?
In all fairness - that is about 150,000 miles of wear and tear on that suitcase - or since Christmas 2007.

But that handle breaking and the BIG rip was the final straw. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keale View Post
What happened to kauai? LOL!
As far as I know, Kauai still has chickens running loose on the island.............hehehehehe

After the changing of the guard - they had to re-apply for financing. I don't know all the political details. But their system is in LA waiting to take the big boat to the islands. I also smoked a couple of butts recently and vacuum packed some for my journey to share.