The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Laurel Pollard
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Wicked Good Lump X3 for first 5 teams: Mainely Grillin' and Chillin'

Lee Ann & Larry Johnson from Wicked Good Charcoal (www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com) have donated 3 bags of 22lb lump charcoal for the first 5 teams from whom we have received their applications & entry fees for the Mainely Grillin' and Chillin' Country BBQ State Competition! That's up to a $66.00 value! Get your applications online at www.celebratemainefestival.com!

Buck's Naked BBQ & Cancersuckschicago.com - We'll have 3 bags at the Farm for 'ya when you arrive. Thanks for signing up early!

CMF deeply appreciates the support from our Maine BBQ Community to help make MG&C BBQ Competition a success.

Laurel Pollard, Event Coordinator, 2009 Celebrate MAINE Festival
lcpollard@comcast.net
Laurel Pollard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

We cant wait for this contest!!
Nice to see you on the board Laurel!

Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Laurel Pollard

Default I'm trying . . .

Mike, I'm trying to figure out how to receive the posts from the Competition Forum in my inbox. I'm supposed to sign up for them? I'm just wandering around the BBQ Brethren website, trying to figure out how to do that. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff around here . . .

Unread 03-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
ique
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Pollard View Post
Mike, I'm trying to figure out how to receive the posts from the Competition Forum in my inbox. I'm supposed to sign up for them? I'm just wandering around the BBQ Brethren website, trying to figure out how to do that. I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff around here . . .
Hi Laurel, go to the top of this thread and choose Thread Tools and then choose Subscribe to this thread. You can get notified by email when anyone posts to the thread.

I hope to be able to cook your contest.

Good luck
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Laurel Pollard

ALRIGHT! I got it! Thanks, Chris. Newbee blogger, what can I say? No better reason than BBQ to get my feet wet, right?? The whole Celebrate MAINE Festival team is really excited about bringing in the BBQ to the event. Everyone has been so supportive getting everything going. KCBS, NEBS & all the Maine BBQ-related companies. We're ALL excited up here!

Laurel
www.celebratemainefestival.com

Unread 03-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Q Haven
Take a breath!

Q Haven is planning to cook Maine, looking forward to it!

Backwoods Competitor, Backwoods Party 2x
Q Haven is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #7
Laurel Pollard

Thanks, Ted! The next 3 checks to hit Lisa's desk (info included on application) get the goods! As with any event, early sign-up is critically important for any organizer. We really appreciate the support!

I encourage BBQ teams that are interested in receiving MG&C updates to sign up on our website. The www.celebratemainefestival.com homepage offers a link to opt-in. We send notices of new CMF & MG&C details quickly & easily - available to anyone!

Thanks for your support & we look forward to seeing you in August!
Laurel Pollard, Event Coordinator, Celebrate MAINE Festival
lcpollard@comcast.net

Unread 03-13-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
Lakeside Smoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel Pollard View Post
As with any event, early sign-up is critically important for any organizer.
Laurel,
I hope the organizers are not getting worried. A lot of teams are very excited about this comp! Most teams wait until the event gets a little closer before they send out an application.

Mike

In polite society, we have an unspoken agreement to call our obsessions hobbies. - Stephen King
Lakeside Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
Laurel Pollard

Hi, Mike! I appreciate your words of encouragement & I'll pass them along to the CMF team.

Frankly, it's more about the press & the sponsors. I'm about to send out the MG&C press release announcing the event to the whole wide world (it's really only BBQ insiders that know about it now) and it's going to be hugely important to reflect strong support from the teams. Basically, I need you guys to validate all the great stuff I wrote up about competition BBQ in Maine!

Carolyn Wells, Phil Rizzardi & Alex Caisse gave me great quote. It would be really great if our website containing the number of confirmed teams reflected their enthusiasm. Gotta keep up appearances for the press!

Plus, when we get great press, I get more sponsors. If I get more sponsors, we get a better festival. Fun for all!

Laurel, Event Coordinator, www.celebratemainefestival.com

Sponsored by: Prime Motor Group, J.P.'s Shellfish, Shipyard Brewing Company, Jasper Wyman & Son, Cabot Creamery, Greater York Region Chamber of Commerce and Taste of the Seacoast

Unread 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #10
Scottie
Babbling Farker

You're right Mike. Teams will be there. It's my long summer trip, so I had to be prompt and timely.

Really looking forward to this one.

Mmmmm mussels and lobstah.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2009, 08:29 AM   #11
Laurel Pollard

Default Wicked Good Lump X3 for first 5 teams: Mainely Grillin' and Chillin

We have the first five teams confirmed for MG&C, August 8th & 9th, Eliot, Maine! Three 22lb bags of Wicked Good Lump will be awarded to:

Buck's Naked BBQ
Cancersuckschicago.com
Lakeside Smokers
Feeding Friendz
Green Mountain Smokeshack

The bags will be on site & waiting for ya! Thanks again to Lee & Larry Johnson at www.wickedgoodcharcoal.com!

This a terrific start! I'll be sure to get your team info up on our "Confirmed Sponsor" page at www.celebratemainefestival.com. Thanks for your support!

MG&C is the only KCBS & NEBS sponsored event in Maine! Only 5 miles from Portsmouth, NH and 60 miles north of Boston. Right off I-95!

Thanks All, Laurel

Unread 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Do the next five teams get a free bass boat ? I'll hand deliver my app today if so...

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #13
Scottie
Babbling Farker

Is this Wicked any good? Never heard of it in these parts...

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

It doesn't work very well in an FE. It's dynamite in the egg though.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #15
Laurel Pollard

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
Do the next five teams get a free bass boat ? I'll hand deliver my app today if so...
No boats, but I'm keeping my options for upcoming incentives OPEN! Laurel