The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
C-Town Smoker
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Chris and John both did great! Thanks to BBQChef for letting Chris post about his appearance...The BBQ Brethren really showed up for him as this was by far my biggest live audience to date.

Damn...I did say Lilly didn't I...As the old saying goes...you say Capell, I say Lilly..let's call the whole thing off! LOL!!

Thanks again to both guests and to the BBQB members who tuned in...I hope if it was your first time in that you liked it enough to try it out again! I am always open for topics and suggestions as well!

Unread 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Town Smoker View Post
Chris and John both did great! Thanks to BBQChef for letting Chris post about his appearance...The BBQ Brethren really showed up for him as this was by far my biggest live audience to date.

Damn...I did say Lilly didn't I...As the old saying goes...you say Capell, I say Lilly..let's call the whole thing off! LOL!!

Thanks again to both guests and to the BBQB members who tuned in...I hope if it was your first time in that you liked it enough to try it out again! I am always open for topics and suggestions as well!
Good stuff Chris and Greg.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

as I listen to the interview with Chris I must say he was a "role model" to me. I didnt and still dont know anything about bbq, but I found his site on the net and had to try competition bbq. I met Chris for a few minutes at NewHolland 2006 and it drove me to try my hand at it. At BelAir 2007, my 2nd comp I was blessed to met him for real. He was great! I stop traffic while teams were tring to get in to set up, got out and shook his hand. I chated with him a little there a little more at NewHolland PA 2007 and realized what a great guy he was. In 2008 he feed me some unreal duck at Landover and has been a help ever since. thanks Chris..Smokin' Gnome wouldnt be the same with out people like him. the best memory i have bbq'n was when Chris walked up at Pickin' in the PanHandle and he said that I did good.10th place over all...now when I have to send a gift I think Dizzy Pig!!

Thanks Chris...

Sal