The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 03-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
ZILLA
is Blowin Smoke!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillin View Post
We had that wind and temps in the 40s here. It was a beating.

I thought you'd be down there. Hope you had fun Darwin!
You're on the money there, I swear it was physical punishment just standing at the swinging doors of the TBR Saloon trying to keep people out, but damn did we have fun anyway!
ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #17
ZILLA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulnier View Post
Teams do not vend. You either have an invitation to a private party only tent or you know someone at the tent that can get you in. There is a "public" tent for you to purchase BBQ if you don't have a connection to one of the private deals. This is the only cook-off that I do for this team. The Willis Group. They have sent about 4-5K invitations to their employees and customers for their tent only. We will serve food to probably 3-4K people in 3 days. It is a huge deal to be able to cook and compete in this event. Rules follow IBCA for the most part. We are taking about 120 Packer Briskets, 15 cases of Chicken Breast, 60 Cases of Sausage, 20 Cases of Potatoe Salid, and 9 cases of Cole Slaw. This company will spend about 40-50K to be a part of this event. We occupie 3 spaces toghether so we can cook 3 entries. One each for Brisket, Chicken, Spare Ribs. I was able to make the table 2 years ago and plced 7th out of 109 chiecken entries. BTW that chicken was cooked on a UDS in the beer can style over Sams Choice Briquets. (No I am not lieing about that) I will probably focus more on the brisket this year and let 2 of my other cooks handle the chicken and ribs. I have been working on a cabinet type smoker that will run like a UDS untill I get a charcoal chute built for it. If I get it far enough along to take fire I might bring it too.
Before you ask I do not have any photos of any of this because "what happens at rodeo stays at rodeo".

Chris
Words we live by. No evidence!
ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #18
ctbeerbq
Full Fledged Farker

Big thanks to Saulnier and rugbyguytx! They both got me and my family into their tents, food, drinks and showed us around. Brethren really do take care of each other!

Thanks again. We had a great time!

NB Bandera
UDS - beer can
Brinkman Pro Series 4400 Gasser

"I'd rather have a belly from drinking than a hump from working."
ctbeerbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #19
Cooter
Knows what a fatty is.

This is late, but Rodeo is time consuming... If you do it right...

Just a quick word of thanks to Saulnier for his generously allowing cooter and the cooterette to visit his tent.

Got to meet ctbeerbq there and lots of others. Good times... But NO photos, ever.... So nothing happened...

cooter
Cooter is offline   Reply With Quote